*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Columbia went from having a rainbow of fallen leaves to 4 feet of snow literally overnight, so winter clothing is top-of-mind right now. Honestly, I’m much more likely to invest in my winter wardrobe than any other season (I’m Floridian, so subpar coats and itchy layers just don’t do it for me), and 9 times out of 10, I end up throwing my entire budget at LL Bean. Not only is their clothing timeless and durable, you can’t beat their generous return policy, even if it has tightened up in recent years. I’ve yet to purchase something I really didn’t like, but I have loved certain pieces more than others. So, I’m rounding up my top 10 favorite LL Bean purchases of all time in today’s post. Keep reading for all 10 of the best LL Bean products and scroll down to the bottom of this post for outfit details!
1. Classic Bean Boots– Kyle and I both splurged on Bean Boots after moving to Maine. We visited their enormous flagship store in Freeport, and Kyle overwhelmed their sales associates with so many questions to try and determine which boots would actually keep us (specifically our feet) warm and dry. We landed on these, and I doubt we’ll ever need new pairs. Not only do they have the same classic look as standard Bean Boots, their Gore-Tex/Thinsulate technology is insulated and suitable for freezing weather.
If you order, be sure to size up to account for thicker socks. For reference, I’m normally a 7.5, and I wear an 8 in Bean Boots!
2. Relaxed Flannel Shirt– These relaxed flannel shirts are hands down the best flannel shirts you’ll ever find. If you don’t believe me, ask Kyle or my mom– we basically have all the same shirts in all the same patterns (twinning!). For reference, I wear an XS.
3. Monogrammed Wicked Plush Robe– This robe is a little pricey, but it’s worth every.single.penny. I bought the cream one, and it’s so soft and (most importantly) so warm! I love that you can monogram it, too!
4. Wicked Good Moccasins– Kyle surprised me with a pair of LL Bean’s Wicked Good Moccasins a few weeks ago, and y’all– I haven’t taken them off. They’re legitimately the coziest slippers I’ve ever owned. They make incredible gifts, too, and come in 7 colors! If you do order, though, be sure to size down either a full or half size. They run large!
5. Three Quarter Length Ultrawarm Coat– After 2 years of shivering in hand-me-down outerwear, I finally decided to invest in a solid winter coat. I waited until LL Bean had one of their 25% off sales and purchased their Three Quarter Length Ultrawarm Coat in Paperwhite. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and it keeps me so warm and toasty. See it styled with Bean Boots here!
6. Waffle-Stitch Cowlneck Pullover– I practically live in cowl necks in the winter, so I bought two of LL Bean’s Waffle-Stitch Cowlneck Pullovers in hunter green and gray last year. The waffle-stitch fabric is super warm, and I love that they can be worn with either jeans or leggings. In fact, I loved them so much that I bought my mama a matching pullover for Christmas!
If you love this style as much as I do, grab it while you can– cause I think they’re retiring it. Case in point, it’s currently on clearance!
7. Cozy PJ Set– I mean, who doesn’t love a warm set of PJs? These make absolutely incredible gifts (they’re just above my normal $50 price point, but they’re so worth it), and I love that Royal Red is perfect for the holidays! Size down if you order, though– they run large!
8. Quilted Quarter Zip Pullover– I love this LL Bean Quilted Quarter Zip Pullover for several reason. First of all, I love the classic quilted look. Second, its fabric super soft and comfortable, and it washes well over time. I’ve had mine for about a year, and there’s been no shirnkage or color change! without feeling too heavy, so it can be actually worn during most of the year.
9. Basic Long Sleeve Turtleneck– When I think of warm layers, I think of LL Bean. I actually own a lot of their basic long sleeve tees, but their long sleeve turtlenecks are my favorite. They’re made from soft Pima cotton, and they don’t ever feel like they’re strangling me.
10. Wool Ragg Socks (Set of 3)– As a Floridian, I always scoffed at expensive socks. As a Mainer-turned-Missourian, there’s no amount I won’t pay for ultrawarm durable socks. Not only do I own a few sets of my own, I buy a new set for Kyle pretty much every year. I love that you can put them in the washer/dryer (which I learned the hard way is uncharacteristic of most ragg socks) and that you can buy them in a few different color combos.
Seriously, y’all– if I could, I’d live in LL Bean this time of year. LL Bean flannels/puffer vests/duck boots are basically my fall/winter uniform. So, as promised– scroll to the very bottom of this post for shoppable outfit details! My flannel and boots are both from LL Bean, but my jeans, puffer vest, and bag are from other spots!
Did I leave any worthy cozy LL Bean styles off this list?! We go crazy for their big sales every Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and I’d love to know what y’all are wearing/loving!
Thanks so much for reading, y’all!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.