*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees. All opinions are 100% mine.
As a woman in her early 30s, anti-aging is more important than ever. When I find natural products that work, I stick with them for years and recommend them to everyone I know. That said, one of my all-time favorite natural beauty brands is Burt’s Bees. I love everything about their products– the natural ingredients, the price point, and the fact that they never test on animals. My mama does, too, which makes for really easy Mother’s Day shopping. This year I wanted to do something special and make a DIY flower gift box filled with my favorite Burt’s Bees Renewal Skin Care products, which are formulated with Bakuchiol (a gentle retinol alternative) that’s perfect for oily sensitive skin like mine and my mom’s. Keep reading for tips on how to create your own DIY flower box, plus a round-up of all my favorite Burt’s Bees Renewal Skin Care products!
Burt’s Bees Renewal Skin Care Favorites
I love so many things about the Burt’s Bees Renewal Skin Care line. First, it’s formulated with a powerful retinol alternative that’s gentle by nature, making it suitable for all skin types. Second, its products are made without parabens, phthalates, and petrolatum and with Bakuchiol to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles (ie. clean and ideal for anti-aging). Finally, you can purchase Burt’s Bees gifts for Mother’s Day on Walmart.com and get free delivery on orders over $35. Here are a few of my favorite products, which I used to fill my Mother’s Day flower gift box–
- Burt’s Bees Renewal Refining Cleanser- Burt’s Bees Renewal Refining Cleanser is a super gentle cream cleanser that exfoliates to reveal smoother skin without irritating or stripping it of moisture. Not only does it make my skin feel ultra clean, it primes my face for the rest of the regimen!
- Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Moisturizing Cream– I can’t say enough good things about Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Moisturizing Cream. It’s infused with Bakuchiol and Vitamin E to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles and to firm and even skin tone. Not an exaggeration– after a few days of use, I felt a noticeable difference in the firmness of my skin. Also, I have super oily skin, so I love that it keeps my skin hydrated without any greasy side effects. It’s ultra lightweight, too, and serves as a perfect under-makeup moisturizer!
- Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Eye Cream– Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Eye Cream is a game changer. It’s formulated to reduce the look of lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and under-eye puffiness without irritating the eye area. I use in the mornings and evenings and have never felt any burning, stinging, or excess tightness. Plus, it soaks in super quick, and a tiny dot is all it takes to cover the entire under-eye area.
- Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Day Lotion– Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Day Lotion is made with SPF 30 to reduce the look of lines and wrinkles while protecting skin from sun damage. I carry it with me everywhere and slather it on my face and neck 15ish minutes before sun exposure.
- Burt’s Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum– Burt’s Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum quickly earned the title of “holy grail skincare product.” Why? It’s formulated to improve skin’s elasticity and smooth the look of deep lines and wrinkles, and it does so incredibly effectively. It also smells amazing, absorbs quickly, and serves as the perfect makeup primer!
DIY Flower Gift Box
My mom’s a physician, and she’s been working like crazy to help keep her hospital wing safe. So, to make this year’s Mother’s Day gift extra special, I thought it’d be fun to make my own little DIY flower gift box. Not only was it super easy, I absolutely love the way it turned out! Honestly, I’ll probably make every gift box a flower gift box from here on out. Here’s everything I used to make my DIY flower box–
- Wet floral foam– If you’ve ever wondered how to put flowers in a box without killing them, floral foam’s the answer. I buy mine in bricks from Walmart!
- Clear packaging wrap– I didn’t have any clear packaging wrap on hand, so I used 2 layers of plastic wrap instead. Tin foil is a good alternative, too.
- Fresh flowers– I bought a super affordable bouquet of daisies and added in some tinted willow. Long sprigs of greenery really help tie the whole mini bouquet together, too!
- Box or small crate– Anything with a strong bottom will do.
- Crinkle paper filler– Crinkle paper is great for filling space and hiding floral foam.
- Flower food (optional)– It helps extend the life of your gorgeous flowers!
First, start by sectioning off a spot in your gift box for flowers. Then, cut the flower foam to match the shape. Just an FYI– floral foam is super affordable and an absolute breeze to work with. I ended up cutting about an inch of the top and then pieced 2 different foam shapes together for my flower base. Once you’ve cut the right shape/amount of foam, use a float-soak method to hydrate it with water combined with flower food. For best results, fill the sink up with water, put the floral foam on top, and let it sink into the water by its own weight.
Before placing it in the box, cover the wet foam with plastic wrap to avoid leaking any water into the box. I didn’t have any clear packaging wrap on hand (which is essentially the same stuff florists use to wrap bouquets), so I used 2 thick layers of plastic wrap instead. It held up nicely!
Before designing the bouquet, I arranged all my mom’s Burt’s Bees Renewal skincare gifts in the box. In my experience, it’s easy to cover empty space with flowers but difficult to create room once they’re in place. I also trimmed the plastic wrap to box height to make it less noticeable.
Finally, arrange your flowers, cover any visible spots of foam with crinkle paper, and viola! You’ve got a gorgeous DIY flower box ready to gift!
Super pretty, right? And so, so, so easy!
As always, Nala served as my crafty little sidekick and the creative director of this project. Oh, and don’t mind her little makeshift gauze bootie. She injured her paw, and we’re trying to keep her from licking it without the cone. She’s absolutely terrified of that thing.
Have you tried Burt’s Bees Renewal skincare products yet? If not, let me know if you have any questions about any of the products I featured. I’m happy to help! Also, if you’re looking for Burt’s Bees makeup recommendations, too, click here!
Thanks so much for reading, y’all! Now go ahead and purchase Burt’s Bees gifts for Mother’s Day!