As Washington Irving once said, “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” Amen to that. It’s so easy to get lost in the holiday shuffle and forget what the season is all about. That’s why I wanted to share some of my favorite gifts that give back in today’s post. Whether you’re shopping for your altruistic friend or sibling or you simply want to spend money on gifts that have a greater purpose and impact, it’s hard to not love these amazing products and companies.
Each and every item on this list raises money and awareness for an important cause. Keep reading to learn more about the gifts themselves and their beneficiaries!
1. Love Your Melon Beanie– Everyone needs a cozy new beanie! Love Your Melon is an apparel brand dedicated to giving a hat to every child battling cancer and supporting the fight against pediatric cancer. 50% (yes, FIFTY PERCENT) of all net profits are given to the Love Your Melon Fund to support nonprofit partners in the fight against pediatric cancer. To date they’ve given over 4.7 million dollars and 156,000 beanies to children diagnosed with cancer.
2. Thistle Farms Lavender Soy Candle– Based out of Nashville, Thistle Farms provides for women who have survived trafficking, prostitution, and addiction. Every single sale directly benefits the women survivors who make their products. Although I’m a huge fan of gifting candles (like this lavender soy candle in particular), Thistle Farms sells a variety of bath and body products, home goods, and accessories.
3. One Hope California Brut Sparkling Wine- Gold Shimmer Edition– First of all, what girl doesn’t want a gold and glittery bottle of champagne for Christmas? Second, every bottle purchased provides two meals to a child in need. Check out more options from their popular Glitter Bottle collection here. Also, if you’re looking specifically for gifts that give back to animal charities, check out this precious Pinot for Paws Gift Box! To date, One Hope has helped more than 56,900 pets find their forever homes. Purchasing this box directly helps fund these pet adoption efforts!
4. Cuddle + Kind Charlotte the Dog Doll– If you’ve got any youngsters on your shopping list, please please please check out Cuddle + Kind! With every doll sold, they provide 10 meals to children in North America and around the world. Plus, their dolls are gosh darn adorable. I’m partial to the puppy, but they sell dozens of different hand knit dolls, including bunnies, penguins, and mermaids!
5. MODO Polarized Tortoise Sunglasses– In addition to selling super cute sunglasses, MODO launched their Buy a Frame – Help a Child See program in 2016. To date they’ve helped more than 650,000 children in India to see by offering free vision screenings, prescription glasses, and corrective treatments.
6. Found My Animal Adjustable Blush Rope Dog Leash– Just take my money, Found My Animal. If you are specifically looking for gifts that give back to animals, you’ll be as taken by them as I am. Not only are these unique nautical leashes durable and available in a variety of fun colors (including my personal favorites– pink and blue ombre), their products support animal welfare and adoption efforts. They even host a handful of adoptable animals on their website!
7. Lily and Laura Blush Bracelet Stack– Lily and Laura’s handcrafted and crocheted bangles are the original bracelets that give back to charity. I’ve been a fan since I was in high school (I even wrote about them during my first couple months as a blogger), and I’ve collected dozens of them of the years. Lily and Laura pays more than fair trade wages to their female artisans in Nepal, thereby improving their quality of life and providing consumers with beautiful handcrafted glass beaded bracelets. Shop their best sellers here!
8. Mon Amie Iconic Health Rose Gold Watch and Bracelet Set– Watches and bracelets that give back to charity are the best kind of jewelry. With every purchase of this trendy rose gold watch set, you’ll also be making an impact by providing prenatal care for one woman. You can check out more Mon Amie watches (including their Education, Opportunity, Food, and Water watch sets) here.
9. Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Cleanser– Philosophy makes wonderful products as it is, but Purity Made Simple One-Step Cleanser was dubbed America’s #1 Facial Cleanser– and for good reason, too. It’s awesome, and it removes makeup, cleanses, and tones in one step. Beyond the efficacy of their products, Philosophy is dedicated to supporting women’s mental health and well being. Although rarely advertised, they donate 1% of all USA net sales to charities that support community-based mental health efforts.
10. S’well Pink Topaz Reusable Water Bottle– Aside from being a great accessory for the eco-friendly outdoor enthusiast, S’well’s triple-walled water bottles are famous for keeping beverages cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12. Also, as a partner of UNICEF USA, S’well provides clean and safe water to the world’s most vulnerable communities. Learn more here.
11. The Home T Pink Ribbon T-Shirt– Love your home state and like comfy t-shirts? Check out The Home T! Not only do they offer a variety of cute tees and sweatshirts for each and every state in the US, they also donate a minimum of 10% of profits to multiple sclerosis research. They also recently designed a Pink Ribbon Collection, where 100% of profits are donated to Susan G. Koman Foundation.
12. TOMS Natural Plush Shearling Women’s Classics– With every single pair of TOMS you purchase, they donate a new pair of Giving Shoes to a child in need. They work with over 90 giving partners in more than 70 countries to provide shoes in a range of sizes to fit kids from toddlers to teens. I picked this particular pair of Shearling Women’s Classics because they look warm and super cozy, but every single pair of TOMS qualifies for the “one for one” rule.
Also, TOMS outreach doesn’t stop at shoes. Through any TOMS Eyewear and TOMS Roasting Co. purchases, you can help provide the gifts of sight and water to communities in need. Learn more about these lesser known initiatives here.
13. Grounds & Hounds Coffee Three Blend Starter Kit– Never heard of Grounds & Hounds Coffee? I hadn’t until recently– and they’re a dream come true for anyone who loves coffee and/or gifts that give back to animals. They sell delicious 100% fair trade organic coffee blends, mugs, apparel, and more. As a commitment to their second-chance mission, they donate 20% of all profits to rescue organizations. Check out their coffee, including this Three Blend Starter Kit, here!
If you know of any other great companies or products that are making a legitimate difference in the world, I’d love to add them to this list! Feel free to leave me a comment or shoot me an email with any information. I’m also currently rounding up a separate list of gifts that give back to animals, so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, y’all!