*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons… great words to live by! According to Symbolism Wiki, flamingos symbolize beauty, balance, and grace. They’re (obviously) also pink, which can personify femininity, innocence, confidence, and flirtatiousness. Plus, they’re beautiful birds, and as a lifelong Floridian, they make me feel at home. I bought this flamingo blouse four years ago, and I was ecstatic to see if it finally come back in stock. Ever since Kyle and I moved to Missouri, I’ve been wearing it like a badge of honor. It can be easily dressed down with navy shorts/blue jeans or dressed up with a skirt or columnist pants for a more professional feel. Full disclosure, though– it’s off-white, although it looks white, so it doesn’t pair super well with white bottoms.
I paired my flamingo blouse with a hot pink mini skirt for Sunday brunch in Columbia. This C. Wonder skirt is one of my favorite summer bottoms, which is unfortunate considering C. Wonder went out of business. Although this exact style is no longer available, I linked a few similar skirt options below, along with all the rest of my outfit details. Plus, I’ve rounded up 29 of summer’s cutest flamingo gift ideas…. because, let’s be real, summer is the perfect time to “flamingle.”
I usually hate wearing rings in the summertime (the heat makes my fingers swell, and I can never get the darn things off…), but I love this sweet pearl leaf wrap ring from 7 Charming Sisters! Not only is it delicate and cute, but it’s adjustable, which is a godsend in this current climate. Use code DiaryOfADebutante15 to take 15% off your entire order, excluding sale items.
Oh, and fun fact– these waves are 100% heatless! Check out this overnight heatless curls hair tutorial to give your hair a summer detox without having to rock a messy bun for a week straight.
Shop the Look: Flamingo Blouse, $59 | Pink Mini Skirt, $74 (originally from C. Wonder [RIP], but I’ve linked a similar style at a comparable price point; click here for a more affordable $45 option) | Nude Pumps, $65 (currently on sale during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017) | Green Monogrammed Clutch, $65 (this exact style is out of stock, but the linked item is currently on major sale in green and a bunch of other summer colors) | Pearl Stud Earrings, $9 | Pearl Ring, $17 (use code DiaryOfADebutante15 for 15% off excluding sale items)
Let’s Flamingle: Fun Flamingo Gift Ideas
Know someone with an affinity for flamingos– or just summertime in general? These 29 adorable flamingo gift ideas make fabulous birthday, holiday, or “Just Because” presents! Without giving a specific number, I personally own more than half of these. Proud flamingo fan over here!
Please disable your ad blocker and click each image to shop! Keep scrolling down for a product review and description!
1. Flamingo Blouse, $59- The world’s cutest sleeveless chiffon blouse for work! Get 40% off with code [ANNIVERSARY] from 7/20 through 7/30!
2. Flamingo Slip-On Espadrilles– $65– The kingpin of all fashion-forward flamingo gift ideas! They’re comfy, on trend, and you can pick up some items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale while you shop!
3. Lilly Pulitzer Extra Large Indoor/Outdoor Flamingo Pillow, $54- The queen of color, Miss Lilly Pulitzer, loves colorful birds… so much so that she’s incorporated flamingos into multiple prints (and in home decor form)! And, let’s be honest, there’s no better way to brighten up a room than with printed Lilly Pulitzer pillows.
4. Flamingo Neon Light, $26 // $60- This flamingo light is the perfect fanciful touch of tropical fun! This neon light is available in both a small ($26) and large ($60) version. Plus, you can pick up some items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale while you shop!
5. Indoor/Outdoor Flamingo String Lights, $26- Hosting an outdoor pool party? These flamingo string lights were made for you! They’re sold out almost everywhere, except for Amazon (thanks, Amazon), so grab them before they’re sold out for good! They’re also available with cactus, lobster, pineapple, and watermelon figurines, too.
6. Flamingo Dish Towels, $15-20- Everyone needs cute dish towels, right? When it comes to flamingo gift ideas, they’re one of the easiest (and most useful) housewarming options.
7. Lilly Pulitzer Jelly Wristlet Pouch, $38- One of the more affordable flamingo gift ideas for Lilly Pulitzer lovers! Also comes in a pineapple and sailboat print.
8. Lilly Pulitzer Flamingo Coin Purse, $48- The cutest Tiki Pink coin purse known to man! Again, a winner for anyone who loves Lilly Pulitzer or flamingos.
9. “I Don’t Give a Flock” Wine Glass, $10- Fun and sassy 17oz stemless wine glasses that’ll make a fabulous addition to any home’s colorful bar cart! These also make amazing bridesmaids or bachelorette gifts.
10. Paitse Flamingo Bangle, $24.99- The definition of arm candy for flamingo lovers! And how gorgeous are those crystals?
11. Pink Flamingo Candles (5 Pack), $12.50- A girlfriend got me these flamingo candles for my summer pool party a few years ago, and I was so touched. Such an easy way to make a birthday girl feel that much more special!
12. Flamingo Paper Clips, $3.99- A perfect gift for flamingo-loving girlbosses or organized students alike!
13. Flamingo Jute Beach Tote, $12.99- This beach tote is big enough to fit all your summer essentials and durable enough to tote to school or the grocery store.
14. Pink Flamingo Candle, $10.80-20.98 // $18-35- Everyone loves candles, specially pastel pink flamingo-shaped candles with fun scents! Grab this candle, which comes in both a large and small size, while it’s 40% off! You can peruse the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale while you’re at it!
15. Flamingo Watering Can, $18- A classic gift for gardening lovers and outdoor enthusiasts!
16. Flamingo Tufted Doormat, $12.99- What better way to say “Welcome to Your New Home” than with a cute welcome mat?
18. Blue Striped Luggage Tag, $24- Eliminate confusion at baggage claim with the perfect gift for summer travelers!
19. Oliver Gal Flamingo Pillow– $49 (on sale)- Such an effortless way to add a pop of southern charm to your living room! This particular pillow is on sale for $49, but if you’re looking for other options, this flamingo Strut pillow is equally adorable and just $21-25 depending on size!
20. “I Don’t Give a Flock” Mug, $14.49- Everyone loves coffee, especially when you’re drinking it out of a sassy mug.
21. Flamingo Tea Lights (Set of 6), $14- These are quite possibly the cutest tea light candles I’ve ever seen. They come in a set of six, and you can also order cactus, donut, and watermelon candles.
22. Garden Flamingos (Set of 2), $25- The ultimate yard accessory for flamingo fans! Nothing says summer’s arrived like a pair of flamingos with pride of place in the garden. For anyone with an affinity for gardening, pair these garden flamingos with a flamingo watering can!
23. Flamingo Honeycomb Straws, $8- I’m convinced that tropical drinks actually taste better when sipped from fun honeycomb straws. There are twelve straws in each package, and they make great hostess gifts!
24. Giant Inflatable Flamingo, $70- This is the James Bond of all Instagram-worthy flamingo props. A cute pool float is always an appreciated gift, especially in the summertime. You can also order one in a shiny rose gold color for $70, as well as in inflatable drink holder form for $20.
25. Flamingo Ornament, $24- Christmas is just around the corner, y’all! This adorable ornament is monogrammable and guaranteed to add a touch of charm to your (or your flamingo-loving friend’s) tree. Click here for another cute albeit non-customizable flamingo ornament that’s just $15.
26. Wynwood Flamingo Canvas Wall Art, $23.90 // $36- I have this canvas in my bathroom, and I absolutely love it. It’s 16×20, currently on sale during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and adds an effortless touch of quirky style to any room. If you’re looking for more flamingo-themed bathroom decor, check out this adorable pink flamingo shower curtain, which is also on sale for $21.90 during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
27. Flamingo Ice Cube Trays, $19- These ice cube trays make such great gifts! Whether you’re looking for an affordable birthday gift, a hostess present, or you want some cute ice cube trays for yourself, these are awesome.
28. Flamingo Wire Table Lamp, $34.99- How cute is this flamingo lamp? For anyone who likes pink and/or summertime, this table accessory is a super fun and unique accent for any room in the house.
29. Flamingo Garden Phone Case, $35- I just bought one of these for my new iPhone 7 Plus! The charming flamingo print is so vibrant, and it’s available for iPhone 6/7, as well as 6/7 Plus.
Another one of my favorite summer emblems is the pineapple, which symbolizes good old-fashioned hospitality. Be sure to check out my round-up of cute gifts for pineapple lovers and new homeowners, too!
Which one of these pink flamingo gift ideas is your favorite? Anything you’d like to see added to the list?