*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
To quote one of the greats, “What’s Galentine’s Day, you ask? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year!” Falling on February 13th every year, Galentine’s Day is a celebration of female friendship. I know I wouldn’t be who I am today without my girlfriends, so I love having an excuse to throw a fun brunch party (with waffles, obviously) dedicated to lifting each other up. Fortunately, I’ve finally found the love of my life, but Galentine’s Day was my saving grace during my very long stretch of angst and toxic relationship drama back in my mid-20s. So, I make it a priority every year– just in case a girlfriend of mine is going through a tough time, as well. Not only is it uplifting, it’s a ton of fun– and it’s the perfect excuse to bust out the champagne, eat sugar, and quote Leslie Knope. In case you need any party ideas, I’m sharing all my favorite Galentines Day bar cart styling ideas (and letter board inspo!) in today’s post.
FYI- Click here for a step-by-step DIY tutorial for these cute little mini glitter champagne bottles!
Galentines Day Bar Cart
When I think of Galentine’s Day, I think of Parks and Recreation, brunch, and sugar. So, I love turning my bar cart into a little, Leslie Knope-inspired sparkling wine station (literally). Here’s everything I used to style mine–
- Mini glitter champagne bottles– Believe it or not, I made these! Check out the tutorial here. Also, I like to use ribbon and attach a cute paper straw, just in case guests prefer to drink straight out of the bottle (and because it looks cute).
- Gold champagne flutes– Assuming they look nice, I like to use plastic flutes whenever I can– just because mistakes happen. I found these at Target!
- Flowers– Nothing brightens up a bar cart quite like florals. They’re pricey, but oh my gosh does Farmgirl Flowers make a gorgeous arrangement.
- Letter board– Felt message boards make great Galentine’s bar car signs, and they’re reusable year after year. This exact board is no longer available, but I also own this one and love it! PS- Keep scrolling for my top 10 favorite Galentines Day letter board quotes!
- Cocktail garnishes– Inspired by Leslie Knope herself, my motto is the more sugar, the better. My favorite Galentines cocktail garnishes are pink cotton candy and rock candy. If you want something more fresh, add some red berries, too.
- Cocktail picks– I like to set out some cocktail picks to encourage guests to create their own little festive skewers! I found these pretty little pearl picks on Amazon.
- Sweat treats– I mean, Galentine’s isn’t Galentine’s without candy– and these sour gummy hearts are to die for. Just sayin’!
- Napkins– Every cocktail needs a napkin! I grabbed these pink and gold napkins from Target to match my mini bottles.
Galentine’s Day Letter Board Ideas
A good Leslie Knope quote is a surefire way to get you (and your friends!) pumped for Galentine’s Day! Here are 12 of my favorite Galentines letter board quotes from Ms. Knope herself–
- Hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries.
- What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year!
- Ladies celebratin’ ladies
- You are a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk ox.
- You poetic, noble land mermaid (my personal fave)
- We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.
- You are a champion of ladydom.
- You beautiful tropical fish
- If there’s a law against friendship, then lock me up.
- You shut your mouth, you have all the strengths.
- I am a Goddess, a glorious female warrior.
- You beautiful, naive, sophisticated newborn baby.
I hope you’re as pumped as I am, ladies! If you need more Galentine’s Day party inspiration, check out last year’s chocolate fondue dessert bar here. If you need gift ideas for your BFF or mom/sister/whoever, I just rounded up 14 super cute Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day gifts for her under $50 here. Thanks for reading, y’all!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes. Sweater from Amazon. Skirt from Banana Republic (old– similar style linked here). Shoes from Amazon.