Puppies are such a joy. Whoever said that happiness is a warm puppy hit the nail right on the head. They have the ability to completely transform the lives of their owners. We just adopted our new golden retriever puppy, Nala, a month ago, and I’m forever changed. She makes me a happier, more loving, and more patient person every day. Pictures of Nala doing random things now outnumber photos of our family and friends (sorry guys!), and I’m constantly thinking of ways to make her life better. Basically, I’m in full blown mom mode– I just don’t have a human baby, I have a fur baby.
If someone you know took the plunge and adopted a furry friend of their own, I’ve rounded up 17 adorable gift ideas for new puppy owners below! From experience, you’ll never know how appreciated the gesture will be. Whether you’re saying congrats, Happy Mother’s Day, or simply treating yourself to some new dog lover apparel, these gifts are perfect for puppy moms. Scroll down for an itemized description of everything featured!
Gift Ideas for Dog Moms | 1-6
1. I’m Not Like a Regular Mom, I’m a Dog Mom Mug, $14- Every dog mom needs this designated dog mom mug, especially if she’s a Mean Girls fan! It’s available in two sizes, so you can get her the extra-large version for those 5am potty runs.
2. Dog Mother Wine Lover Sweatshirt, $30- Cozy dog mom apparel is always appreciated, especially when it mentions puppies and wine. I’ll be honest, I ordered this for myself, and it’s the cutest (and softest) sweatshirt I own. If you’re shopping in the spring or summer, you can also find some cute Dog Mother Wine Lover tees on Etsy.
3. Alex and Ani Prints of Love Charm Bangle, $34- This precious charm bangle is available in both gold and silver and is the perfect gift for a dog lover! With every purchase of this cute bangle, Alex and Ani will donate 20% of the purchase price to the ASPCA to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals across the country.
4. I Hope You Like Dogs Doormat, $40- Kyle bought me this I Hope You Like Dogs doormat for our apartment, and it’s my favorite thing ever. It’s a must-have for unapologetic dog moms everywhere!
5. Koko Chewnel Plush Dog Toy, $11- Punny faux-couture dog toys make perfect gifts for new dog owners! From experience, they usually fall into the category of items all dog moms want but aren’t willing to spend money on. I mean, seriously– what puppy wouldn’t love this Koko Chewnel plush dog toy?
6. Chewy Vuitton Plush Dog Toy, $16- Pamper your favorite pup with this super cute Chewy Vuitton squeaky toy! Again, most dog moms aren’t willing to spend $16 on a single Chewy Vuitton dog toy, but oh my gosh would they be elated to receive one!
Gift Ideas for Dog Moms | 7-12
7. Freshpet Select Dog Food- If you want to go the more practical angle (which, by the way, all dog moms appreciate), pick up a bag of Freshpet dog food! Freshpet is real, all-natural pet food, and it’s the next best thing to a home cooked meal for a pet. They never use any additives or preservatives, and it’s kept fresh in the fridge. Nala’s only 3 months old, and as a new puppy mom, it feels so good knowing that only the freshest ingredients are going into her little tummy.
They’ve got a lot of options, so if you need product recommendations, Nala’s favorite are Freshpet’s Beef Roasted Meals. It’s totally fresh, all natural, and unlike any other dog food I’ve ever seen before. Nala scarfs down her entire bowl in seconds, and I never have to worry if she’s going to have stomach issues. It’s the best feeling.
8. Ellen DeGeneres Leaf Dog Leash, $16- When I started shopping for Nala, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ellen DeGeneres created a line of adorable pet products exclusively at PetSmart! The ED Ellen DeGeneres line is reasonably priced and includes everything from leashes to grooming supplies!
9. Collapsible Silicone Travel Bowl Set, $10- No puppy mom can have too many collapsible travel bowls, especially if she’s particularly active! We love taking Nala on hikes, so Kyle and I keep one in my bag, one in the car, one in his backpack, and a handful of other scattered throughout our apartment. You honestly just never know when your pup is going to get thirsty.
10. Don’t Stop Retrieving Pet Sweatshirt, $24 (on sale!)- Every puppy deserves his or her own bedazzled pet sweater! Nala’s a golden retriever, so I’m partial to this Bow & Drake Don’t Stop Retrieving sweatshirt. If it’s not your cup of tea, you can customize your own, too! How fun is that?!
11. Dog Mom AF Hat, $26- Every proud dog mom needs her Dog Mom AF hat! This one’s got an adjustable self-strap with a hide-away side buckle, and it’s available in 7 different colors.
12. Ellen DeGeneres Joy Rope Dog Toy, $4 (on sale!)- As cute and cuddly as plush toys are, puppies need rope toys, too! The American Kennel Club says that a thick rope toy is one of the best puppy teething toys, since they help soothe the puppy’s gums and distract him from discomfort.
Gift Ideas for Dog Moms | 13-17
13. Take Life One Toy at a Time Toy Bin, $18- Help your favorite dog mom keep her house looking clean and tidy with a cute toy bin store basket! We got Nala the large version of this Take Life One Toy at a Time bin, and she loves it.
14. Eat Play Love Ceramic Treat Jar, $18- Eat, play, love– the three words that sum up the most important things in a dog’s life! Help keep your favorite puppy’s treats fresher longer with this precious ceramic treat jar! It’s available in pink and gray, and it holds plenty of treats.
15. Eat Play Love Pet Bowl, $22- Every dog should be allowed to eat in high style! Plus, if a pup’s already got an Eat Play Love treat jar, she probably needs a matching food bowl, too.
16. Little Dove Dog Teepee, $40-70- Dog teepees are one of my favorite trends of 2018! Not only do they make great dens, they also fit well in even the most well designed homes.
17. Minimergency Kit for Dogs, $16- Leave it to Pinch Provisions to think of everything! I’m a longtime fan of Minimergency Kits, but this puppy version takes my fandom to a whole new level. One kit includes 2 eye wipes, 2 ear wipes, 2 dental wipes, 2 hand-cleansing towelettes, 2 rolls of doggy waste bags, a wrist strap, and a collapsible water bowl.
What are your go-to gifts for new pet owners? Let me know in the comments!