*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
When it comes to tablescapes, I’ll be honest… I’m partial to blue. It’s just such a classic calming color, and it works for so many holidays and themes, particularly patriotic table decor (be sure to check out last year’s simple 4th of July tablescape— it’s one of my favorites). Anyways, I thought it’d be fun– and also a little challenging– to create an all red tablescape for Memorial Day this year. I went heavier on the white flowers to keep the red from being overbearing, and I actually really love the way it turned out! Keep reading for full patriotic table decor details!
Memorial Day Tablescape
I normally think of red as a bold holiday color, so it was fun using stripes and gingham to create a more casual feel. Here’s everything I used to style this tablescape–
- Red Stripe Table Runner– I ordered this particular table runner because I figured I could use it over the holidays, too.
- Red Gingham Melamine Plates– Believe it or not, these plates are melamine and reusable! They’re so much more substantial than they look, too, and will be getting lots of use this summer.
- White Beaded Rim Plates– I found these particular plates at Home Goods three or four years ago (wish I had gotten more!), but I found a similar set at Pottery Barn.
- Red Gingham Napkins– Probably my favorite thing about these red gingham napkins is that they’re wrinkle-proof. It’s super easy to get stains out of them, too.
- Star-Shaped Bowls– To keep with the all-red theme, I filled these fun star-shaped snack bowls from last year’s 4th of July tablescape with strawberries. They fly in and out of stock, though, so I’m also linking a similar set on Amazon.
- Gold Flatware– This gold flatware is one of my favorite Amazon Home finds. The full set is under $50, and we use it all the time.
- Clear Water Glasses– I’m so obsessed with these pretty etched drinking glasses. We own them in pink and in the stemmed versions, as well.
- Red Paper Straws– Paper straws are one of my favorite way to add color to a tablescape without spending a bunch.
- White Tablecloth– This tablecloth is probably the most used item in our linen closet. Stains come out of it so easily, and it washes really well.
- Long Red and White Table Centerpiece– I went a little heavier on the white flowers to tone down the red. To create this simple long table centerpiece, I used red carnations, white hydrangeas, white lilies, and white alstroemeria to fill five clear mason jars.
More Patriotic Table Decor Inspo
For more fun patriotic table decor inspiration, be sure to check out these snacks, desserts, and (of course) tablescapes–
- Simple 4th of July Tablescape– This simple patriotic tablescape is one of my all-time favorites.
- Patriotic Bar Cart Styling Ideas– One of my favorite easy hostess hacks? Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut stars out of watermelons. Use them as garnishes– they’re a huge hit!
- Patriotic Mini Fruit Pies– Nothing brightens up a table quite like mini fruit pies with star crusts! This post shares my mini strawberry pie recipe and mini blueberry pie recipe all in one!
Thanks so much for reading, you guys! And, as always, don’t hesitate to let me know if you have questions about any of this Memorial Day patriotic table decor (size, quality, etc). I’m happy to help!
PS- What deals are y’all shopping this weekend?! Anything particularly good?
Click below to shop the post!