*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Happy June, y’all! Second to only December, June is one of my favorite months– primarily because of the summer solstice and also because it’s my birthday month. Normally May absolutely drags on in anticipation, but this year was different. May flew by. Some of the highlights? My friend Teresa from Money Can Buy Lipstick got married at Hotel du Village in New Hope, PA, and her wedding was straight out of a small town fairytale. I also completely redesigned my closet, gave our living room a facelift, and, although we definitively decided to wait another year, looked at a bunch of incredible houses in the area. Oh, and my first ever peony bloomed, and I found out (the hard way) that you’ve gotta rid them of ants before bringing them inside. Lesson learned.
Anyways, as fun and eventful as May was, here are a few little things that made it even better–
2. Kyle and I started watching Schitt’s Creek on Netflix, and we’re hooked. It can be a little raunchy at times, but it’s absolutely hysterical and definitely worth a watch. Also, Moira Rose is my spirit animal.
3. I’m actively trying to find replacements for all my non-cruelty-free makeup staples, so I traded in my go-to MAC primer for Urban Decay All Nighter. I used to use it in high school and have no idea why I switched. It’s light and keeps my makeup looking matte and shine-free all day, even in the 80-90 degree heat.
4. I bought these packing cubes for our trip to Philadelphia, and they make it super easy to keep my suitcase organized. They make great gifts for frequent travelers, too!
5. Kyle and I finally renewed our gym membership, so I treated myself to these super cute running shoes. They’re one of the comfiest pairs of sneakers I’ve ever owned, and they’re surprisingly affordable (for Nike at least). I bought the black and white pair and have the pink and all white ones in my shopping cart.
6. I have pretty bad anxiety, so Kyle gave me The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal to read on a plane. I put it off for weeks but finally picked it up last month and read it cover to cover. It helps you cultivate a mindset that embraces and reframes stress as a driving force that can make you happier, healthier, and better able to reach your goals.
7. Upon the recommendation of some friends on Facebook, I decided to use Mpix to print photos for a wall collage, and they rock! The delivery takes a few days, but other than that, the quality is far and away the best I’ve seen in their price range. Full wall collage post/tutorial coming soon!
8. I’m a lip bam fanatic already, and this Balm Dot Com trio takes my obsession to a new level. There’s a “tube for every mood,” meaning each scent is formulated with mood boost modalities, and you can customize your own three-pack with the colors and scents that you love. My faves are Cherry, Coconut, and Rose, but they’re all pretty awesome.
9. Now’s the time to stock up on cute straw bags for summer vacation, and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. This pom pom tote is probably my favorite find so far, and it’s on sale for $30! For more cute straw bags under $50, click here.
10. I love packing picnics in the summer, and this oversized blanket and picnic basket are my go-to’s for midday lunches and early dinners at the park. The blanket’s waterproof, too, which is ideal for beach trips and picnicking with the pups.
and because I couldn’t narrow my list down to 10–
11. I found some Marche de Paris Authentic French macarons at Sam’s Club, and they’re to die for. If you have a membership, look for their Summer 2019 collection in the frozen aisle. It’s $16 for 35, and even though they’re frozen (I’ll admit I was skeptical, too), they taste so fresh and delicious. They’d make an awesome hostess gift, too!
And there you have it! I’ve got to run and start cleaning for guests this weekend, but I hope you enjoyed this roundup of the things I loved most last month. Cheers to a wonderful start of summer, and *psst* don’t forget that Father’s Day is June 16th!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.