*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Anne of Green Gables got it right when she said, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” Me too, Anne. Me too. I think there will always be a little seasons-deprived Floridian child in me who can’t wait for summer to end, and this year was no different. I’m so ready for fall, you guys, it’s nuts. Florida can keep all the sun and bathing suits– I’ll take all the sweaters, boots, and warm cider I can get. That being said, as uncharacteristically warm as it was, September was still pretty awesome, and I’m rounding up 10 things that made its heat a little more bearable in today’s post!
Here we go–
1. Every September, Kendra Scott announces a new Shop for Good: Breast Cancer Awareness Collection. This year, 20% of all purchases will benefit their BCRF grant, and for every piece of jewelry purchased, one will be gifted to a woman affected by cancer.
2. Brightside is one of the coolest services I’ve ever come across. Like ever. They provide digital depression and anxiety treatment (delivered by qualified doctors) for $95 per month. This fee includes all prescribed medications, which are shipped right to your door, and unlimited sessions with your doctor. I don’t know, y’all– there aren’t many mental health resources in Columbia, so Brightside’s been a bit of a saving grace.
3. These pink sneakers are under $35 and look just like a pair of Adidas sneakers I paid over $100 for! They also come in nearly 2 dozen colors and have a 4-star rating with almost 1,200 reviews on Amazon.
4. This fabric-covered pumpkin tutorial from Unoriginal Mom has me looking for pretty blue and gold fabrics everywhere I go. This project is next up on my fall craft docket!
5. I found the most delicious dairy-free pumpkin spice latte recipe in Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Celebrations cookbook. Instead of sugar and artificial ingredients, she calls for almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and some spices and extracts. It’s amazing.
6. I partner with the Missouri Beef Council a few times a year, and my latest project involved visiting Lady Livestock Farm. I’ll be posting a full recap next week, but Lady Livestock is a cattle farm run by a mom and her two daughters, and they completely shatter any and all stereotypes about women in agriculture. They’re strong, keenly entrepreneurial, and drop dead gorgeous to boot. Check them out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
7. I was hired to post about Raid’s new plant-based formula, which finally provides an effective, pet-friendly, and child-safe solution for pests, on social media, and I loved it so much that I had to feature it here, as well. The smell is a little strong (what insect spray isn’t?), but it gets the job done!
8. I’m in my early 30s, and I still get pimples. I’ve tried a few different treatments, but Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion is hands down the best product I’ve found. It’ll literally get rid of your pimples overnight.
9. This off-shoulder tiered ruffle dress is perfect for fall weddings. It’s also available in 7 colors and costs just under $30! I ordered the white one for our engagement session and loved it so much that I ordered the pink a week later.
10. Kyle and I watched the Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates documentary on Netflix, and it’s terrifying, motivating, and endearing all at the same time. Definitely worth a watch!
What were some of your favorite finds for September? Any good books or shows I should know about? I’d love some recommendations!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.