Happy New Year, you guys! I hope you all took some time off to rest and relax over the past few days! I took almost a full two weeks off work, and I’ve gotta say, I’ve never felt better. So, to kick off 2019 on the right foot, I wanted to round up all of your favorite posts of last year. Truth be told, this is one of my favorite posts to write every year because it helps me figure out which topics and formats y’all like the most. Even though some are older fan favorites written in years past, it’s always neat to see new posts on the list. Also, to switch things up a bit, I’m rounding up my favorite projects from last year, too. Keep reading to see if your favorite made the list!
Your Favorite Posts of 2018
Here are my top blog posts of 2018 according to Google Analytics. Last year yielded my highest traffic to date, so thank you so much for reading! Y’all seriously rock.
1. 35 Girlboss Habits to Develop This Year– An oldie but a goodie, this post features 35 tried-and-true habits of today’s most successful women!
2. Easy Homemade Oatmeal Bars Recipe– This recipe has been in my top posts 4 years in a row! It’s a low calorie oatmeal bar recipe that’s perfect for meal preppers and girls on-the-go.
3. 18 Books All Girlbosses Should Read in 2018– This post features 18 must-read books for female entrepreneurs that I personally love. My 2017 list and 2016 list also rank in the top 10, but I decided to combine them into one.
4. Handy Travel Gifts for the Jetsetter– This handy holiday gift guide features over 2 dozen unique travel gifts for your favorite traveler!
5. Cleaning Hacks for Dog Moms: How to Tidy Your House in 15 Minutes (or Less)– Nellie made her inaugural blog appearance in this post, which features helpful cleaning hacks for pet owners!
6. The Best Chloe Look-Alike Bags (And Where to Find Them)– This posts rounds up all the best Chloe dupe bags on the internet! For a round-up of the best designer dupes on Amazon (including Chloe, Chanel, Hermes, and more), click here.
7. Style Guide: What to Wear to a Fashion Show– This style guide features a breakdown of the industry’s best-kept fashion show styling tips. It also features ten NYFW-inspired outfit ideas, one of which is my top outfit post of all-time.
8. Travel Guide: What to Do and See in Maine– This post is a recap of our six month sabbatical in Maine, where we share our ten favorite things to do all over the state.
9. Best Designer Dupes on Amazon– This post rounds up all the best designer dupe handbags, shoes, and accessories on Amazon! From Chloe to Chanel to Hermes, this list’s got something for everyone.
10. $3 DIY Pineapple Costume– This Halloween tutorial shows how to make an adorable DIY pineapple costume for less than $3!
My Favorite Posts of 2018
Here are my absolute favorite posts and projects from last year. Be sure to check them out if you missed any– they’re good ones, I promise!
1. Don’t Stop Retrievin’: Meet Nala the Golden Girl– Kyle and I were so excited to be dog parents that we did a full-on family photoshoot with baby Nala. Whenever I’m having a bad day, I reread this post. Her precious little puppy face makes me perk right up.
2. Home Security Made Simple with Blink– Not only do we genuinely love our Blink XT home security camera, this was our first family photoshoot with little Nellie Nutmeg. I loved these pictures so much that I used one on our Christmas card!
3. Gift Ideas for The Office Lovers– Never have I ever… gotten such a positive response from a single gift guide before! As a diehard The Office fan myself, this gift guide was so much fun to put together.
4. Hey There Pumpkin: How to Design Your Own Doormat– I bit the bullet and bought a Cricut Explore Air 2 this year, and this was my favorite DIY craft project hands down. Seriously, creating a custom doormat is so much easier than you think!
5. The Best Designer Dupes on Amazon– A core pillar of my mission statement is promoting affordable fashion, and as a woman on a modest budget, it makes me sad when I see bloggers promoting $2,000 bags like money grows on trees. So, I love putting together these “look for less” round-ups, and this one is probably my favorite. Fun Fact– I’ve actually personally purchased (and kept!) every item on this list.
6. Date Night: How to Plan the Perfect Summer Picnic– My photographer, Catherine Rhodes, is amazing, but she outdid herself on this post. Not only was this a blast to put together– I mean, I love any excuse to throw together a fancy cheese board, but the photos of me and Kyle are some of my all-time favorites.
7. DIY Pink Flamingo Costume– I was so happy with how this DIY flamingo costume turned out… even if I do still have little pieces of hot pink feathers all over my office!
8. Clear the Shelters: A Day at Wayside Waifs Animal Shelter– I collaborated with Hill’s Pet Nutrition to promote Clear The Shelters Day, and it was without a doubt my favorite paid partnership of 2018. Kyle and I got to visit Wayside Waifs, a participating animal shelter in Kansas City, and it completely reignited my passion for animal rescue. If you’re anywhere near the KC area, you’ll absolutely fall in love with Wayside Waifs. Such an incredible place with an incredible staff!
9. DIY Floral Monogram Door Hanger– If y’all only knew how many craft projects go wrong… well, this is one of the few that went very right. My chic and feminine Z is displayed proudly in my office, and I’ve made a handful for friends, as well. They’re just so pretty and so fun to customize!
10. Everything You Need to Know about Emotional Support Animals– I don’t write about mental health as much as I’d like to, and it’s one of the things I’m hoping to change in 2019. I did, however, write this post after getting a handful of questions about Nala being my emotional support animal. I talk candidly all about the process, benefits, and drawbacks in this post!
Last but not least, if you have any feedback for me, I’d absolutely love to hear it! In fact, I’m putting together another Annual Reader Survey, so if you aren’t comfortable emailing me directly, keep an eye out for that. All entries are anonymous, so you can say whatever’s on your mind with complete anonymity. Cheers to a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2019, y’all!