Hooray, you’re here! My name is Stephanie Ziajka, and I’m the girl behind Diary of a Debutante. My mission is to promote body positivity through a variety of affordable fashion, realistic beauty, and healthy southern lifestyle topics. To give you a little bit about my background, I’m a born-and-raised Floridian with a heart for hospitality and an affinity for traditional southern living. Yes, at one very distant point in time, this affinity included pageantry. Funnily enough, Diary of a Debutante actually started as a live journal in 2011 to document my experiences while competing in the Miss America system—and later in the Miss USA system.
Despite the typical blonde beauty queen stereotype—and yes, I did compete with bright blonde hair, I’m a pretty big math nerd. I live and breathe numbers. I have a degree in Actuarial Science, and I became the Operations Manager for a wealth management firm right out of college. After five years of attempting to swim with the sharks of the financial realm, I finally decided to make Diary of a Debutante my full-time project!
Working in finance will make any woman skeptical of plunging necklines and short skirts. When it comes to fashion, my rule of thumb, which was inspired by Victoria Beckham’s That Extra Half an Inch, is that no two “assets” should be highlighted at the same time. In layman’s terms, leave more to the imagination. I’m also a realist, and in accordance with my mission, I’m a firm believer in versatile, affordable fashion that can be worn time and time again.
As for my personal style, my fashion icons are Audrey Hepburn, Kate Middleton, Victoria Beckham, and the timeless (albeit fictional) Blair Waldorf. I love mixing preppy classics with trendy accessories, and just like Kate Spade, my style mantra is to live colorfully. My life’s mantra, on the hand, is that every BODY matters. I suffered from an eating disorder for over five years, and I believe it’s so important to love yourself, regardless of your shape or size. Always remember that you are enough. You are so enough, it’s unbelievable how enough you are.
Check out one of my favorite collaborations to date, which talks in details about my blog and my mission, in the video below. You can also read more about my mission here.
Notable Media Mentions
- Vera Bradley, Article: “10 Blogger-Approved Travel Tips” (March 2018)
- DIYs.com, Article: “15 Overnight Hair Styles to Try Out Tonight” (February 2018)
- Brit + Co, Article: “Every Item Erin Heatherton, Kristin Cavallari, and 9 Other Fashion Insiders Have Their Eye on for 2018” (January 2018)
- Wedded Wonderland, Article: “How to Host The Perfect Hens Party” (January 2018)
- TLC, Article: “5 Apple Cocktails for Celebrating Every Fall Occasion” (September 2017)
- CORT Furniture, National Ad: “Why CORT Furniture Rental Worked for Me” (August 2017)
- South Street Marketing, Article: “Blogger Insight: Tips and Tricks to Mastering Social Media with Diary of a Debutante” (July 2017)
- Perspectyve Magazine, Article: “Loving Ruffle Sleeves: A Chat with Stephanie Ziajka” (March 2017)
- Fashion Ambitions, Article: “Blogger to Follow: Stephanie Ziajka” (February 2017)
- Cooperatize Journal, Feature: “Ten Fashion Blogs You NEED to Follow” (August 2016)
- Solutions Bridal, Model/National Ad: 2nd Annual Real Woman Photo Shoot (May 2016)
- Shape Magazine, Feature: “Unique (And Healthy!) Mimosas You Can Drink All Day Long” (May 2016)
- Mamas Latinas, Feature: “40 Tasty Smoothies and Juices with Coconut” (May 2016)
- Greatest, Feature: “7 Oatmeal Bakes for the Perfect Make-Ahead Breakfast” (February 2016)
- Maniac Magazine, Article: “Blogger of the Week: Stephanie Ziajka” (February 2016)
- Odylique by Essential Care, Feature: “30 Must-Read Blogs for 2016” (December 2015)
- Solutions Bridal, Model/National Ad: 1st Annual Real Woman Photo Shoot (June 2015)
I’d love to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview, share a feature, or discuss potential collaborations. You can read more about my available services here. Look forward to chatting with you!