Welcome, y’all! I’m Steph, a retired beauty queen, proud dog mom of two, and traditional southern girl living in a midwestern world. I love Jesus, pairing champagne with Pizza Hut’s stuffed crust pizza, and binging on true crime documentaries. To give you a little bit about my background, I’m a born-and-raised Floridian with a heart for hospitality and an affinity for traditional southern living. I have a degree in Actuarial Science from the University of Central Florida (Go Knights!), and I’m a self-proclaimed mega math nerd to my core. I started my blog, Diary of a Debutante, in 2012 as a means of documenting my year in the Miss America Organization, and in 2015, I left my actuarial day job to make it my full-time project.
Leaving my cushy job in finance was a scary leap of faith, but it was the right move for me. I absolutely love what I do, and I love being able to do it from anywhere. Case in point, I was able to pack up my office and move to Columbia, Missouri with my fiancé Kyle in 2017. Adjusting to small-town life in the Midwest was tough at first, especially for me, but we’ve genuinely grown to love it. There’s a refreshing simplicity here that’s hard to describe, and it’s good for the soul. Plus, we’ve adopted two precious puppies named Nala and Nellie since the move, and they could honestly make anywhere feel like home.
As far as my content goes, I’m a big advocate of transparency, and I speak openly about my struggles with mental illness. As the survivor of 2 life-threatening eating disorders, my personal and professional mission is to promote mental health awareness through a variety of affordable fashion, realistic beauty, and healthy lifestyle topics. I know how intimidating and overwhelming social media can be these days, and I know how inadequate it can make me feel. So, I’m committed to being as real and open with y’all as possible. I do use affiliate links on my blog when sharing items I love (read my full disclosure policy here), but I only promote products that I personally use and/or believe in.
Finally, I absolutely love hearing from you guys, and I’m always, always, always open to your comments, questions, and feedback. You can check out one of my favorite collaborations to date, which talks in details about my blog and my mission, here on YouTube. You can also read more about my mission statement here. Thanks so much for stopping by, y’all!
Whether you have comments, questions, or concerns, I’d absolutely love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a comment or shoot me an email to get in touch. I’ll do my best to get back to you ASAP!
For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to send over a media kit and pricing list at my earliest convenience. You can also read more about my available services here and keep scrolling for a running list of Diary of a Debutante’s notable media mentions (I’m still pinching myself that I’ve actually been featured in some of my all-time favorite online publications). That being said, if you’re working on any stories and think my content might be a good fit, I’m always happy to send over high res imagery for media use (with influencer and photographer credit).
Look forward to chatting with you soon!
Notable Media Mentions
- Medium, Feature: “11 Bloggers Share Their Best Tips on Blogging” (August 2019)
- Good Housekeeping, “50+ Last-Minute Halloween Costumes You Can Quickly DIY Before Your Big Party” (August 2019)
- Country Living, Feature: “19 Clever Mom Halloween Costumes to Inspire Your October 31 Outfit” (July 2019)
- Country Living, Feature: “35 Best Mulled Wines to Get You Through the Colder Months” (July 2019)
- DIY Joy, Feature: “34 Laundry Hacks You’ll Wish You’d Known about Sooner” (June 2019)
- Country Living, Feature: “60 Easy Halloween Costumes for Women” (June 2019)
- Good Housekeeping, Feature: “45 DIY Mother’s Day Crafts That Make the Very Best Gifts for Mom” (May 2019)
- Maggy London Blog, Feature: “Derby Day Style Guide: 3 Derby Midis with Stephanie Ziajka, Author of Diary of a Debutante” (April 2019)
- Kansas Living Magazine, Feature: “14 Springy Things to Cook in April” (April 2019)
- Carusele Media, Best All-Around Award: Influential Creator Awards (2019)
- BluPrint, Feature: “6 Ways to DIY a Planter” (November 2018)
- Society 19, Feature: “10 Fun Drinks for Spring Break This Year” (November 2018)
- Woman’s Day, Feature: “50 Last-Minute Halloween Costume Ideas You Can Whip Up at Home” (October 2018)
- Chicago Tribune, Feature: “15 Last-Minute DIY Halloween Costumes” (October 2018)
- Country Living, Feature: “40 Insanely Easy Costumes for Women to DIY” (September 2018)
- DIY Projects for Teens, Feature: “34 Fun DIY Costume for Teens” (September 2018)
- Good Housekeeping, Feature: “50+ Last-Minute Halloween Costumes You Can Quickly DIY” (August 2018)
- Trivago Magazine, Contributor: “8 Coolest Hotels for Experiencing the Spirit of St. Louis” (June 2018)
- Vera Bradley, Feature: “10 Blogger-Approved Travel Tips” (March 2018)
- DIYs.com, Feature: “15 Overnight Hair Styles to Try Out Tonight” (February 2018)
- Brit + Co, Feature: “Every Item Erin Heatherton, Kristin Cavallari, and 9 Other Fashion Insiders Have Their Eye on for 2018” (January 2018)
- TLC, Feature: “5 Apple Cocktails for Celebrating Every Fall Occasion” (September 2017)
- CORT Furniture, National Ad: “Why CORT Furniture Rental Worked for Me” (August 2017)
- South Street Marketing, Article: “Blogger Insight: Tips and Tricks to Mastering Social Media with Diary of a Debutante” (July 2017)
- Perspectyve Magazine, Article: “Loving Ruffle Sleeves: A Chat with Stephanie Ziajka” (March 2017)
- Fashion Ambitions, Article: “Blogger to Follow: Stephanie Ziajka” (February 2017)
- Cooperatize Journal, Feature: “Ten Fashion Blogs You NEED to Follow” (August 2016)
- Solutions Bridal, Model/National Ad: 2nd Annual Real Woman Photo Shoot (May 2016)
- Shape Magazine, Feature: “Unique (And Healthy!) Mimosas You Can Drink All Day Long” (May 2016)
- Mamas Latinas, Feature: “40 Tasty Smoothies and Juices with Coconut” (May 2016)
- Greatest, Feature: “7 Oatmeal Bakes for the Perfect Make-Ahead Breakfast” (February 2016)
- Maniac Magazine, Article: “Blogger of the Week: Stephanie Ziajka” (February 2016)
- Odylique by Essential Care, Feature: “30 Must-Read Blogs for 2016” (December 2015)
- Solutions Bridal, Model/National Ad: 1st Annual Real Woman Photo Shoot (June 2015)
Photography by Catherine Rhodes