Hi, everyone– and thank you for attending my “Standing Out on Social Media” workshop at Meta Boost Small Business in Kansas City! I know that our time was limited, so I wanted to make sure y’all had the opportunity to take a closer second look at my presentation in case I ran through any particular part too fast. I’m also linking to all of the plug-ins and tools I referenced, as well. Keep reading for links!
Standing Out on Social Media: Tactics for Building a Better Social Media Presence and Getting Your Content Seen
Click here to review and download the presentation deck in its entirety. You can also click below to download any of the three supplementary handouts–
- Social Media Branding Checklist
- Call-to-Action Examples
- Social Media Audit Checklist– Feel free to print as many copies of this checklist as you’d like. My team and I audit our accounts quarterly.
Additional Links and Resources
Here’s a list of the tools and plug-ins I reference in “Standing Out on Social Media.” I’m also sharing a few helpful how-to articles for getting started with ads and turning on automatic responses, as well. Let me know if I leave any off the list!
- Canva– I use Canva just about every day for graphic design projects. Along with its library of templates and ease of use, it’s particularly great for sale and launch announcements and short animated graphics, like quotes and motivational reminders
- Videoshop– Video shop is a mobile video editor app with fast editing tools and lots of fun effects for personalizing your videos. There’s free version available, too, although I upgraded to a paid subscription plan.
I mention in the presentation that UGC (user-generated content) is a valuable tool for making sales. Here are a few plug-ins that make it possible to display UGC on your website and in your newsletter–
- Smash Balloon– Smash Balloon is cool because you can choose to only display Instagram posts containing certain hashtags and/or key words. Their plug-ins are also designed to be super simple and user-friendly, so you can go from installing the plug-in to adding a custom feed in just a few minutes.
- Cevoid UGC on Shopify– This Shopify plug-in lets you invite customers to upload UGC directly and use UGC in email and ads. Unfortunately, it’s also a Shopify plug-in, so you do need a Shopify store to access it.
- Pixlee TurnTo– Pixlee is a great plug-in for gathering photos and video from across social media and then automatically searching by hashtags, mentions, and/or influencers. One particularly nice feature about this plug-in is that you can customize and update displays in real-time without changing the code on your site.
Also, I haven’t used it personally, but Meta’s Commerce Manager is another way to play around with displaying UGC.
- How to Set Up Automated Responses in Messenger
- How to Create an Ad in Meta Ads Manager
- Best Practices for Facebook and Instagram
- Facebook Business Suite Tips
Well, I think that covers everything! Please also feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Thanks for stopping by, y’all!