*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
I’m a big fan of spring cleaning. I should clarify, though, that my version of spring cleaning involves drinking wine and spraying everything with homemade laundry spray. It used to involve Febreeze, but Kyle and I are about to get an 8-week-old puppy, so I’m switching to all organic cleaning solutions. I know most cleaners are safe for pets– I’m just not willing to take any chances. Side note: I’m already turning into a neurotic dog mom, and I’m surprisingly fine with it. Anyways, if you want to give your laundry and linens an all natural boost this spring, I’m sharing my DIY essential oil linen spray recipe in today’s post!
What’s great about this recipe is that you can completely customize its scent. For example, you can substitute lemon or lime for orange and eucalyptus for tea tree. I actually adapted an existing DIY laundry spray recipe I found on Live Simply to fit the essential oils I already own. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 1 glass spray bottle
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 25-30 drops lavender essential oil
- 25-30 drops orange essential oil
- 10-15 drops tea tree oil (I used Thursday Plantation’s Tea Tree Oil)
Before getting started, make sure you have a glass spray bottle. Plastic spray bottles are fine for short-term use, but it’s better to stick with glass for a product that may last you a while. I found mine on Amazon. Keep reading for a step-by-step tutorial and label printable!
DIY Essential Oil Linen Spray
Start by pouring the vodka into the glass spray bottle. It definitely doesn’t necessarily need to be Tito’s (it’s all we had in our bar), but it should be high proof vodka.
Next, add in your essential oils, and shake well. Both my lavender essential oil and sweet orange essential oil are part of an awesome set from Art Naturals. The tea tree oil is from Thursday Plantation, which is one of my new favorite health and beauty brands. All of their products are derived from 100% pure and natural Australian Tea Tree Oil, and they’re awesome for anyone interested in holistic beauty. I’ve rounded up a list of all my tea tree hair, skin, and nail favorites at the bottom of this post!
Then add in the water, shake again, and you’re done! As long as you keep it in a glass spray bottle, there is no expiration date. Just remember to shake it before each use!
Essential Oil Lavender Linen Spray
A light, refreshing, and all natural essential oil linen and laundry spray that’s 100% safe for pets!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 glass spray botte
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 25–30 drops lavender essential oil
- 25–30 drops orange essential oil
- 10–15 drops tea tree oil
- Pour the vodka into the glass spray bottle.
- Add in your essential oils, and shake well.
- Add in the distilled water, and shake again.
- Remember to shake before every use!
- Lemon or lime essential oil can make easy substitutes for sweet orange essential oil.
- You can easily switch out essential oils to make your own DIY pillow spray.
Also, if you want to use a fun label– or if you want to give your DIY laundry spray as a gift, I found these adorable printable labels on Style Me Pretty! I actually gave quite a few bottles of DIY essential oil linen spray as Christmas gifts this year! If you add in a dried lavender bouquet, you can create a really gorgeous (and aromatic) gift basket. I bought mine off Amazon, and they came beautifully wrapped and pre-arranged in purple tissue paper.
As for the smell, I’ve been spraying this DIY essential oil linen spray all over everything, and the fragrance is very mild, pleasant, and, most importantly, refreshing. It’s absolutely nothing like the pungent scents you get from store bought sprays… in the best way possible. Another point worth mentioning is that you can easily switch out essential oils to make your own DIY pillow spray! Rubies and Radishes has a great list of calming oils to try.
More Tea Tree Favorites Worth Trying
If you’re also on a big tea tree kick, check out more of Thursday Plantation’s all natural products. In addition to being a powerful cleaning agent and one of the most natural first aid antiseptics, tea tree oil is also known for minimizing blemishes and restoring radiant, healthy looking skin. Here are all my favorite Thursday Plantation products:
- Tea Tree Oil: Australia’s 100% pure and natural antiseptic oil that cleanses and protects naturally
- Solutions for Nails: Helps keep nail beds and surrounding skin looking healthy
- Face Cream: Moisturizes and maintains clear skin naturally (gentle for all skin types)
- Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Toner: Captures the power of Tea Tree Oil and the toning benefits of Witch Hazel to purify the skin and tighten pores (gentle for all skin types)
- Face Wash Foam: Gently removes dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of its natural oils (gentle for all skin types)
- Tea Tree Everyday Shampoo: Cleans and revitalizes hair and to maintain scalp health (perfect for dandruff!)
- Tea Tree Everyday Conditioner: Softens and detangles hair after shampooing (ideally for frequently washed hair)
Marie Kondo once said, “The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don’t.” Ain’t that the truth. Happy cleaning!
This is a sponsored post with Thursday Plantation. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Diary of a Debutante possible!