Happy September, y’all! August definitely came and went a little too quickly, but hey, I’m not one to turn away any fall weather or decor. We’ve been traveling quite a bit and have had a bunch of family in town over the past few weeks, so I’m sorry this month’s round-up of Things I Loved is a little tardy. That being said, let’s jump right in. Here are 10 of my favorite things I found during the month of August–
1. This long dusty pink open front knit cardigan is a great Nordstrom Sale dupe, and it’s under $25. It comes in over a dozen colors, too, and was probably my favorite purchase during the entire month of August.
2. My friend Teresa from Money Can Buy Lipstick just created an absolutely adorable Instagram Sticker Pack, which includes a collection of illustrated stickers, background patterns, and swatches/doodles to help make your stories stand out, and they’re worth every penny! Check out her brand new Fall Instagram Sticker Pack (perfect for scarf, boots, and PSL lovers), too!
3. For those of us who love shiplap but don’t have the budget for a full home reno, Magnolia by Joanna Gaines created an affordable shiplap removable wallpaper! Reviewers say that it’s thick and easy to apply, so I’m ordering a few rolls to try on an accent wall. Stay tuned!
4. I know it’s a little early, but I absolutely love this adorable pink ombre pumpkin tutorial from Lombard and Fifth. I may try and do something similar on our mantle (probably in a more gender-neutral color like blue or gray) this year.
5. We’re on a pre-wedding health kick, but we love cereal… so instead of cutting it out of our diet altogether, Kyle found Magic Spoon cereal. It’s high protein (12g per serving), low carb (3 net carbs per serving), and pretty darn tasty. Their cocoa cereal is our favorite!
6. If you’re engaged or planning on getting on engaged anytime soon, How to Get Married by The School of Life is a must-read. It’s also incredibly pretty (think gold foil lettering and pretty blue pages) and would make an incredible engagement gift!
7. It Cosmetics and drybar created a collaborative mascara called Lash Blow Out, and I absolutely love the way it makes my lashes look/feel. Its formula is infused with biotin, too!
8. Kyle and I discovered Tony’s Chocoloney at Lucky’s Market, and their Milk Chocolate with Caramel & Sea Salt bar is hands down my favorite chocolate bar. Like ever. It’s pricey (anywhere from $6-$10 per bar), but their mission of ending child slavery on cocoa farms in West Africa is one worth supporting.
9. I’m consistently so impressed/grateful for/indebted to Golden Bond Rescue. Their mission is to find caring, adoptive homes for Goldens in need, including those who are rescued from the Asian dog meat trade in partnership with No Dogs Left Behind (warning: don’t look at their website if you aren’t prepared to cry). If you’d like to help support them, please register for their virtual 2019 Race to Save Goldens! It’s a “go at your own pace” type of race, where you’ll have from 10/1 through 11/15 to walk, run, jump, skip, or crawl to complete a 30-mile stretch.
10. Confession: I love our planet, but I absolutely hate paper straws. So, I grabbed these cute reusable and collapsible silicone straws on Amazon instead. Each straw comes with its own carrying case, and I love that I can easily (and cleanly) store them in my purse.
What are some of your favorite finds for August? Any skincare products or paleo-friendly recipes I should try? Better yet– any affordable wedding hacks or tips? Kyle and I are in the very beginning stages of wedding planning, and we are OVERWHELMED. Shoot me an email or let me know in the comments!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.
Just so you know, this post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission (at absolutely no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. Thank y’all so much for supporting my small little business and helping me keep the lights on