*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Pretty breakfasts are my favorite kind of breakfast– and you can’t get much prettier than this fresh berry and ricotta cheese toast! Fortunately, it tastes absolutely amazing, too, and is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. It’s also a handy way to utilize any extra seasonal berries you’ve got in your fridge and/or mint you’ve got in your herb garden. Keep reading for my go-to fresh berry and ricotta cheese toast recipe! It’s incredibly simple and takes less than five minutes from start to finish. I’m also sharing a few more of my favorite quick and easy toast recipes for breakfast down below, too.
Fresh Berry and Ricotta Cheese Toast Recipe
Here’s everything you need to make four servings of fresh berry and ricotta cheese toast–
- 4 slices sourdough bread– Any sourdough bread will do, but I love The Rustik Oven’s bread! It legitimately tastes like it’s made at a local bakery.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese– I love regular ricotta cheese, but you can also use part-skim ricotta cheese as a lower-calorie substitute.
- 1 tsp sugar– I prefer regular white granulated sugar, but sugar substitutes work just as well. I’ve tried this ricotta cheese toast with Stevia, and it tasted great!
- 1/3 tsp pure vanilla extract– If you don’t have any vanilla extract handy, almond extract and maple syrup work well, too!
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries– This ricotta cheese toast is best with seasonal berries, whatever those may be. My personal favorite combo is raspberries and strawberries, but blueberries and blackberries taste delicious, too.
- Honey, for drizzling– I drizzle honey lightly over the ricotta cheese toast once it’s all assembled, and it adds the perfect touch of sweetness. Agave nectar is a great substitute if you don’t like or have honey on hand.
- Mint leaves, for garnish– I actively look for reasons to use fresh mint from our herb garden. I decided to add some mint to this ricotta cheese toast on a whim, and it stuck. Freshly chopped mint leaves and fruit just go so well together.
Berry Ricotta Cheese Toast Recipe
To make this fresh berry and ricotta cheese toast at home, start by cutting each bread slice in half and toasting both sides. We don’t have a toaster, so I set our oven to broil on high and broil each side for about 90 seconds. The toast comes out perfect every time!
Next, combine the ricotta, vanilla, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Just FYI- you may need to wait a few minutes for the ricotta to reach room temperature before it’s easy to spread. Divide the sweet ricotta mixture and spread evenly on each piece of toast (you should have eight).
Finally, top your toast with fresh berries, freshly chopped mint leaves, and a light honey drizzle. Serve this ricotta cheese toast warm– and enjoy!Print
Berry Ricotta Breakfast Toast
This fresh berry and ricotta cheese breakfast toast is the perfect combination of sweet and savory! It takes less than five minutes to make, too, and is a great way to utilize seasonal berries and fresh mint. For a lower calorie breakfast, substitute skim (or part-skim) milk ricotta cheese for full-fat ricotta cheese and Stevia for sugar.
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- Honey, for drizzling
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Cut each bread slice in half and toast both sides.
Combine the ricotta, vanilla, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Divide the sweet ricotta mixture and spread evenly on each piece of toast.
Top your toast with fresh berries, freshly chopped mint leaves, and a light honey drizzle. Serve warm– and enjoy!
More Easy Toast Recipes for Breakfast
We’re big fans of toast in our house, so here are a few more of our favorite easy toast recipes for breakfast–
- Tomato Ricotta Toast– This breakfast toast recipe is one of my all-time favorites! Spread ricotta cheese on some warm toast and then layer on sliced cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Top with olive oil, some salt, and a balsamic drizzle– seriously so tasty!
- Almond Butter Banana Toast– This breakfast toast recipe might as well be dessert. It’s one of the yummiest quick and easy breakfasts you can make. I spread almond butter on warm toast and then layer on sliced bananas, blueberries (if I have them), and walnuts. Then I drizzle on some honey. Ugh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- Avocado Toast– I know, sharing an avocado toast as a millennial is so typical, but I promise this one’s worth a try! We mash up fresh avocados and spread them onto warm toast. Then, we top with sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, salt, pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and a squeeze of lime. We also top our avocado toast with cilantro when it’s growing in our herb garden. Ugh, so good!
I can’t get enough toast recipes for breakfast, so if you’ve got a favorite, please share in the comments! Also, if you loved this breakfast recipe, be sure to check out these make-ahead baked oatmeal bars, too! The prep time is only about ten minutes, and it’s a good old set-it-and-forget-it type of recipe.
Click below to shop the post!