*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Happy Body Positivity Week, y’all! Even during our longest darkest hours, there’s so much comfort in knowing we’re not alone. We’re never alone in feeling like outcasts, in succumbing to pressure, or in surrendering to our inner demons in times of insecurity. Although society has a long way to go before the stigma surrounding mental illness is erased (and it honestly may never will be), many celebrities and authors have bravely come forward to share their struggles with disordered eating and body dysmorphia. If you’re going through a tough time, I’ve compiled a list of nineteen of my favorite inspiring celebrity quotes about body image in today’s post, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Feel free to share these quote graphics on your Pinterest boards, save them to your desktops, or enjoy them however you like. My hope is that they serve as a gentle reminder to be kind to yourself!
19 Positive Body Image Quotes
1. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” –Amy Bloom
2. “Girls see enough of this body we can’t imitate, that we’ll never be able to obtain… these unrealistic expectations. It’s better to look healthy and strong.” –Jennifer Lawrence
3. “My great hope for us as young women is to start being kinder to ourselves so we can be kinder to each other. Stop shaming ourselves and other people– ‘too fat, too skinny, too short, too tall, too anything.’ There’s a sense that we’re all ‘too’ something, and we’re all not enough. This is life. Our bodies change. Our minds change. Our hearts change.” –Emma Stone
4. “I’m not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body.” –Demi Lovato
5. “You’re damned if you’re too thin and you’re damned if you’re too heavy. According to the press, I’ve been both. It’s impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we stop trying.” –Jennifer Aniston
6. “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is– who cares?” –Tina Fey
7. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have on the inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.” –Selena Gomez
8. “Being a size zero is a career in itself. It’s not realistic, and it’s not healthy.” –Rihanna
9. “Don’t work out because you ‘need’ to. Do it because your body deserves love, respect, and healthy attention.” –Demi Lovato
10. “What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That’s just dumb.” –Jennifer Lawrence
11. “I keep telling myself that I’m a human being, an imperfect human being who’s not made to look like a doll, and that who I am as a person is more important than whether at that moment I have a nice figure.” –Emma Watson
12. “I don’t want to be skinny. I’m constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don’t beat myself up over it.” –Mindy Kaling
13. “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content– and sometimes other priorities win.” –Melissa McCarthy
14. “I have a belly. And I have cellulite. And I still deserve love.” –Amy Schumer
15. “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women, and I’m proud of that.” –Adele
16. “I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself.” –Oprah
18. “Your body is your temple. It’s your home, and you must decorate it.” –Gabourey Sidibe
17. “I was 23 when I realized that I wasn’t Venus. . . . Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be OK with that. To be different. But different is good.” –Serena Williams
19. “Stick to your guns. Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion or stand up for yourself. And do not worry about being someone else’s definition of enough.” –Sophia Bush
More Inspirational Words of Encouragement
If you still feel like you need more inspirational words of encouragement, here are a few more posts I think you’ll enjoy–
- 30 Inspirational Female Quotes for Women’s History Month
- 20 Bible Verses about Fear and Anxiety
- Galentine’s Day Letter Board Ideas
Whenever you’re feeling vulnerable, just give these quotes about body image a read. I hope they bring you some peace. I know from experience that there’s so much comfort in knowing that you’re not alone.
Anyways, thanks so much for reading– and have a wonderful week, y’all!
Love all those quotes! These would really help during days when I am not feeling my best. Thank you for sharing.