*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
My favorite season of the year is finally here! Now, in Florida we don’t exactly see a drastic change in the weather, or any change in the color of our leaves for that matter– boo, until mid-November, but I still love everything about the fall lifestyle… from football to pumpkins to the transition into the holiday season. Just as the ever-so-brilliant F. Scott Fitzgerald described, it’s as if fall marks the beginning of a new chapter, the turning of a new leaf, and the opportunity for growth. It’s refreshing and invigorating. Plus, all the best shows are in the autumn lineup, duh.
Because I sincerely adore this season, it’s imperative that I make the most out of the 90-some day period. Ergo, I’ve broken down the essential elements to the perfect Fall playtime.
I am the ultimate Yankee Candle advocate, but the Bath and Body Works 3-wick new Pumpkin Collection candles are to die for. The large jars are $20 each, assuming there are no discounts available, and they last for weeks. Pumpkin Cupcake is my favorite, but Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Pumpkin Caramel Latte are a close second and third. Yesterday, I went on a spending rampage in B&BW and ended up with 6 candles– They were on sale for $11 each; I’m not ashamed.
Isn’t it nuts that the right nail polish can feel like a bold fashion statement? Dark-toned lacquers, which in my opinion are borderline inappropriate during all other seasons, can spruce up any scarf, boot, and flannel ensemble.
Oh, and don’t get me wrong… I have a wide variety of nail polishes from dozens of brands, but even OPI doesn’t come close to the ease of application, chip-free formula, and adorable seasonal collections of Essie. Plus, they range from $6-8 each, which doesn’t exactly break the bank. Here are my go-to Fall colors, 1//2 being from prior years and 3//4 being from the 2013 Fall Collection.
1. Flannel // 2. Scarves // 3. Denim // 4. Over-sized sweaters // 5. Blazers // 6. Colored skinny jeans // 7. Neutral tones // 8. Boots
I realize almost all of these outfits look identical with different backgrounds. Basically, these 8 Fall Classics make up my wardrobe for the next 3 months. My favorite characteristic of this lovely season’s style is that it’s relaxed and uber comfortable. Hello, leggings and over-sized tops. I’ve missed you.
1. Football and/or other sports– ’tis the season for God, sweet tea, and the SEC. Put it on as background noise at any soiree, and you’ll have a handful of happy//preoccupied boys.
2. Hocus Pocus, aka the best Halloween movie ever made in cinematic history
3. The omnipotent Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. This usually comes in handy as a pre-party picker-upper.
4. “Goblin Mimosas,” which are basically regular mimosas… which are basically the best drink ever.
5. Candy corn. I wish I had an aversion to this stuff… I eat it by the handful. Plus, candy corn rice crispie treats are one of the best (and only) things I can make.
That just about much sums up my Autumn essentials! What did I miss? Who else is overjoyed about the recent change of season?! Oh, and Happy Hump Day! Have a great rest of the week!