*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Did you know that there’s actually a term for over-the-top milkshakes? They’re called freakshakes, and they’re downright magical. I had one for the first time at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen in Orlando, and my mind was blown. Who knew you could turn a simple milkshake into a three-foot-tall dessert tower?! Things got pretty crazy before the wedding (understatement of the century), so I decided to treat myself to my own version of a freakshake– this strawberry shortcake milkshake! Kyle and I loved it so much that I just had to share it with y’all, too! It’s super simple (in fact, there are only four ingredients) and one of the most delicious frozen treats I’ve ever made. Keep reading for the full strawberry milkshake recipe, including a step-by-step video tutorial!
Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake
This strawberry shortcake milkshake isn’t just tasty– it’s also pretty fun to look at. The key, though, is getting creative, so remember that the sky’s the limit with your toppings! The more, the merrier!
Can you believe you only need FOUR ingredients to make this strawberry shortcake milkshake?! Here’s everything you need–
- 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream– My personal favorite is Breyer’s.
- 1/2 cup strawberry milk– I personally love Promised Land Dairy! It’s affordable, sustainably sourced, and downright delish.
- 1 cup chopped pound cake– I use Sara Lee pound cake, which you can find in the dessert freezer aisle. It’s budget-friendly, freezable (obviously), and also delish.
- 1 cup fresh chopped strawberries– The sweeter, the better!
Also, if you want to make your strawberry shortcake milkshake boozy, you can also in two ounces of strawberry vodka or Bailey’s Strawberry and Cream! I’m not much of a vodka drinker, so I personally prefer Baileys, but hey?! Why not try both?
Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake Recipe
The recipe here is pretty simple– combine all the ingredients in a blender and then blend until smooth. Easy peasy. The fun part, though, is coming up with toppings. Top your strawberry shortcake milkshake with whipped cream, strawberry syrup, sprinkles (I love these!), pound cake crumbles, chopped strawberries, or whatever you like. As a general rule, the bigger (and higher) the toppings, the better!
For an added “freakshake” touch, I also used these adorable pink heart cocktail picks to skewer two powdered donut holes and stuck a strawberry glazed mini donut on a pink striped paper straw. Side note– if you love strawberries and haven’t tried Hostess Glazed Strawberry Mini Donettes, you’re missing out!! They’re limited edition, unfortunately, so if you see them in stores, grab them while you can.
Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake
Enjoy a delicious strawberry shortcake milkshake at home with just 4 ingredients and a little bit of blending. Make it boozy by adding two ounces of strawberry vodka or Bailey’s Strawberries and Cream liquor!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 1 Milkshake
- 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup strawberry milk
- 1 cup chopped pound cake
- 1 cup fresh chopped strawberries
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Top your strawberry shortcake milkshake with whipped cream, strawberry syrup, sprinkles, pound cake crumbles, chopped strawberries, or whatever toppings you like.
Pop in a straw and enjoy!
To make this a boozy summer milkshake, add in two ounces of strawberry vodka or Bailey’s Strawberry and Cream liquor!
Keywords: milkshakes, strawberry
More Frozen Summer Treats to Try
Here are a few more summer recipes to try–
- Boozy Bellini Popsicles– These yummy bellini popsicles are perfect for brunch and/or bridal parties, especially in the summertime! They’re made with frozen peaches and champagne, and you can easily omit the champagne to make a yummy (and healthy!) peach popsicle.
- Boozy Coconut Lime Popsicles– If you like coconut, you’ve got to try these boozy coconut lime popsicles! They’re made with creamy coconut milk, lime, and rum, and they’re to die for. Omit the rum for a yummy (and also healthy!) creamy coconut lime popsicle!
Click below to shop the post!
I was reimbursed for the cost of these products as part of a sponsored social campaign with Promised Land Dairy. I loved this project so much that I decided to feature it on my blog, as well, although I had no obligation to do so. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.