*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Is it just me or was April 97 days long? It seriously felt like it dragged on for-ever. Instead of dreading the next few weeks ahead, though, I’m taking on a different perspective. With every new week or month, we’re one week or month closer to being on the other side of this mess. And if that’s not something worth celebrating, I don’t know what it is! So, in the spirit of celebration, I’m sharing 10 of the absolute best things I’ve found over the past few weeks in today’s post. It’s all quarantine-friendly, too, so I’m confident will love it, too.
Here are 10 of my favorite things I found during self-quarantine this past April–-
1. Halide App– Kyle downloaded the Halide app to see if it’d help take better iPhone pictures, and y’all– it’s amazing. Not only does it have high-end editing software built in, it works with your phone camera to output RAW images of the highest quality, so there’s a world of opportunity for editing right on your phone. It isn’t free, but it’s 1000% worth its $5.99 price tag!
2. Scalloped Hem Shorts– We’ve been in major saving mode, but I found these absolutely adorable scalloped hem shorts on sale for $15 at J.Crew Factory and couldn’t resist. I bought 3 pairs and regret nothing!
3. Erin Condren LifePlanner– Attention Erin Condren fans– she just released her new 2020-2021 LifePlanner, and it’s available in both a coiled and binder format! I ordered the champagne binder version with an hourly layout and absolutely cannot wait to start using it this summer!
4. Stackable Jewelry Organizer– I’d been eyeing this jewelry box from The Container Store for a while but couldn’t bring myself to spend $200 on it. So, I ordered this stackable pink jewelry organizer off Amazon instead. All 5 layers/trays were under $75, and I love it! There’s space for all my earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, and sunglasses, and I love that I can buy additional trays if I need more jewelry storage, too!
5. ZippyPaws Happy Hour Crusherz– I’m a sucker for cute dog toys, and this crunchy/squeaky Rose bottle is as adorable as they come. It’s under $10, too, and the water bottle (ie. the crunchy/squeaky mechanism inside) can be replaced over and over again. Other “Happy Hour Crusherz” include Champagne, Merlot, tequila, whiskey, and vodka bottles. Full disclosure– our girls aren’t heavy chewers. If your dogs are, completely disregard this recommendation, otherwise you’ll end up with chewed plastic everywhere.
6. Off the Clock by Laura Vanderkam– Quarantine has completely thrown our routines out of whack, so we ordered Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done by Laura Vanderkam to help us stay productive and priority-driven without getting overwhelmed. She offers simple implementable exercises, like keeping a detailed time log, that have completely changed our perspective on both time and life. Highly recommend if you’re interested in honing in on productivity!
7. The Kelly Clarkson Home Collection at Wayfair– I randomly found the Kelly Clarkson Home Collection on Wayfair.com while searching for new office furniture and fell in love! It’s riddled with chic French country vibes and features some absolutely gorgeous pieces that don’t completely break the bank. My personal favorite find? This white scrolling lattice desk!
8. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo– I collaborated with Nizoral on a sponsored Instagram post and loved their product so much that I wanted to share it on my blog, too. If you actually want to get rid of your dandruff and/or dry itchy scalp (instead of just putting a bandaid on it like all of the popular drugstore brands), I saw incredible results after just one week of using Nizoral with this scalp massager. Highly, highly, highly recommend!
9. Office Ladies Podcast– If you’re a fan of The Office, you’ll love the Office Ladies podcast. It’s essentially Pam and Angela breaking down an episode and sharing on-set memories every week, and it’s impossible to listen without smiling.
10. Succession– Succession is an ultra cringy and oftentimes hilarious HBO drama loosely based on the Murdoch family, and it’s SO GOOD. Not only are the writing and acting (and piano theme song!) phenomenal, it’ll also make you grateful you weren’t born into the 1%. Side Note: It won Best Drama TV Series and Best Actor in a Drama TV Series at the 2020 Golden Globes!
And that’s all I’ve got for you! Thanks so much for reading, y’all. Hope you’re all well and healthy!