*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Happy March, y’all! I know February is a short month, but oh my gosh did it fly by. Even with some of the grossest winter weather I’ve ever seen, March couldn’t have gotten here faster. Not only did Kyle and I tackle some major house hunting last month, the Chiefs won the Superbowl (y’all– everyone in Missouri went absolutely nuts), we spent another super fun couples’ weekend in Hermann, and Kyle and I celebrated our last Valentine’s Day as unmarried folk. Plus, I found/tried/watched some really awesome stuff, and I think y’all will love it all, too. Here are 10 of my favorite things I found this past February–-
1. Amazon Rain Boots– I love Hunter Boots as much as the next girl, but they’re pricey. These short ankle rain boots are perfect for all those gross muddy/rainy/snowy days, and they’re under $30. I bought them in pink (sized down from a 7.5 to a 7) and adore them!
2. Happy Wax– Happy Wax creates all-natural, eco-friendly soy wax melts that are shaped like teddy bears, hearts, and other adorable things. Their wax burners are also super cute (I was sent their Signature Wax Melt Warmer 2.0 in Marble and Mini Tabletop Wax Warmer in White Terrazzo as part of an Instagram collab) and would make amazing gifts for moms, new homeowners, hostesses, and/or homebodies!
3. Fabric Defuzzer– In my experience, nothing ruins a sweater faster than pilling. This handheld Conair fabric defuzzer gets rid of all the unsightly fuzz and lint and makes all your old sweaters and blankets look like new.
4. Girlfriend Jeans– I’ve always absolutely hated the way boyfriend jeans look on me, which is unfortunate considering how comfy they are. Enter: girlfriend jeans. They’re just as comfy as boyfriend jeans and much more flattering! See my favorite pair styled here.
5. YNAB– Kyle and I finally combined finances (yikes), and we decided to use YNAB (You Need a Budget) over Mint. It’s not free, although they do offer a free 34-day trial, but it’s already been incredibly valuable. They take a proactive approach by teaching users to prioritize and plan (ie. be intentional about every dollar before it hits your bank account), so you’re never living paycheck-to-paycheck. I love how you can set spending caps on certain categories, and if you overspend in one category, you have to take from another. Highly recommend!
7. Crown & Paw Dog Portrait– Kyle bought me a custom dog portrait with Nala and Nellie’s heads on two renaissance women’s bodies for Valentine’s Day, and I still have no words. It’s weird and kind of creepy but also amazing and displayed prominently in our living room.
8. Cheer– I know everyone loves the Cheer docuseries on Netflix, but I had to mention it anyway. If you’re having a bad day– or week or month, you need some Coach Monica (and a whole lot of Jerry) in your life. You may get sucked into watching all Navarro’s past Daytona performances on YouTube like I did (their 2015 routine was friggin’ insane), but I promise they won’t disappoint.
9. GO Smile Teeth Whitening Gel– I have insanely sensitive teeth thanks to both my eating disorder and chronic over-whitening during my pageant days. Aside from gentle whitening toothpastes like Pronamel and Sensodyne, GO Smile’s whitening gel is the only product my teeth have been able to handle without any sensitivity whatsoever. The results aren’t as impressive as Crest Whitestrips, but they’re definitely noticeable over time. You’ve just gotta have some patience!
10. Brook and York Girl Boss Bar Necklace– Brook and York designed an adorable Girl Boss Name Plate Necklace for International Women’s Day, and I was so excited when they asked me to help promote it on Instagram. Not only is the necklace super cute (and perfect for layering!), 10% of all proceeds from sales will be donated to Girls Who Code. I’m a former actuary who firmly believes that women need to be present and represented in STEM fields, so this was a super fun project for me. Order one in gold, silver, or rose gold!
I hate to do this (I really try to keep it short and sweet at ten), but I have some noteworthy honorable mentions for y’all this month. First, Pawscout pet tags are awesome and a great $20 alternative to $200+ GPS trackers for your pets. Second, I just raved about them in my cruelty-free skincare favorites round-up, but Dermalogica rocks, and their new Biolumin-C Eye Serum is amazing. Lastly, I love crafting but have always had the hardest time finding the right fabrics. Enter: fabric.com. I just bought this gorgeous blue fabric for a Chinoiserie Easter egg project, and I’m a raving new fan.
That’s all I’ve got for you! Hope you have a wonderful (and hopefully) warm March ahead. How many days until Spring again?! Thanks so much for reading, y’all!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.