*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Happy December, everyone! I’m super confused how the entire month of November came and went so quickly, but then again, December got here sooner– so I’m not complaining. Thinking back, though, it actually was a pretty eventful month. Not only did Kyle and I celebrate our 4 year dating anniversary (our last one ever!), we locked in our wedding venue and spent a week in Seattle with his sister’s family. Plus, I came across some pretty awesome stuff, and I think you guys’ll think it’s all pretty awesome, too. Here are 10 of my favorite things I found during the month of November–-
1. The Foggy Dog is a boujee dog boutique that sells absolutely precious dog collars, bow ties, bandanas, etc, and I’m obsessed with their holiday collection. Best of all, for every item sold, half a pound of dog food is donated to a shelter.
2. This Daily Ritual Teddy Bear Fleece Pullover may be the coziest thing in my closet right now. I ordered both the black and ivory (size small), and I loved the material so much that I ordered this fleece zip jacket in Dusty Rose (size small), too. So soft!
3. I learned about FastGrowingTrees.com from Southern Living, and even though my black thumb kills every plant I touch, I want all their Clementine, Meyer Lemon, and Key Lime trees. If you’ve got any gardeners or plant-lovers on your holiday shopping list, check them out!
4. I’d heard wonderful things about these Amazon Essentials v-neck tees but didn’t pull the trigger until last month. I mean, how great can basic t-shirts really be, right?! You guys– these are so soft and so comfy and such a steal! I bought the white and pink/light gray in a size small and wear them every chance I get.
5. I have a new favorite cocktail, and it’s a French 75. It’s gin mixed with champagne mixed with lemon, and it’s amazing.
6. Oprah’s Favorite Things list is usually hit or miss for me, but I found some legitimately genius gift ideas on it this year (minus the $800 espresso machine and $1,600 exercise bike– really, Oprah?). Check out all of my favorite reasonably-priced gift ideas here!
7. I’ve sworn off The Voice for the past however-many seasons– basically since Chloe won, but I re-downloaded the app (yes, I’m a nerd) when I came across Ricky Duran on YouTube. Not only do I love love love his voice, he’s on Team Blake (my fave), and he lost his dad to suicide and his mom to cancer. Oh, and his girlfriend just suffered from a stroke, too. On top of his sob story of a background, he’s an insanely talented vocalist and performer who’s had to put his well-deserved career on hold to cope… until now. Basically, he deserves the win, you guys!
8. I finally broke down and bought Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, and I love it. I only need a tiny bit to cover my entire eye area, and it absorbs nicely and gives me visible hydration throughout the day. Plus, it’s ultra gentle and soothing. Big fan!
9. I’ve been obsessing over Farmgirl Flowers on social media for months now, and Kyle surprised me with one of their seasonal vase arrangements for our anniversary. Y’all, it was just as gorgeous as I imaged. Plus, I really respect that they only support farms who operate ethically and honestly. I love that they ship nationwide, too!
10. So, this one’s a little broad, but Seattle rocks. If you’ve never been and get the chance to visit, do it! Some of my favorite spots? Top Pot Doughnuts, Il Corvo Pasta, and Bainbridge Island (that place is so quaint and gorgeous!). The Underground Tour was a ton of fun, too!
That’s all I’ve got for you this month, aside from this very important PSA: only 20 days ’til Christmas! I’m hoping to take two full weeks off for the holidays, but that may be a stretch given some of my outstanding projects. I’m crossing my fingers, though, and praying you all have a wonderful (and stress-free) December!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.