They say detailed goal setting is the #1 way to motivate yourself. Well, I’m just about ready to throw in thetowel for 2013 and never pick it back up again. As I reflect back on my trials, tribulations, and accomplishments of 2013, I’m more than prepared for a new year, a clean slate, and a rejuvenated mentality. I can’t wait to spend tonight on the beach in Tampa Bay (
yes, my territory) with my nearest and dearest of friends, lighting off fireworks–pyros anonymous–and sipping champagne. I couldn’t ask for a better way to ring in the new year.
I realize 100 New Year’s resolutions is a bit ambitious, so I’m going to be very specific with my dreams for the year (10 aspirations for each of 10 areas of my life I feel can be improved). I wrote a
bucket list on my birthday, so the remaining wishes are going on this list. Although it’s unlikely I’ll accomplish each and every New Year’s Resolution within the next 12 months, I hope to cross off as many items as I possibly can.. 25 before 26
For My Health:
1. Exercise a minimum of 4 times per week.
2. Drink at least 4 cups of water per day (compared to my current quota of 0).
3. Take my vitamins every day.
4. Actually wear my retainer.
5. Completely switch to sunless tanner.
6. Try yoga.
7. Get a massage once a month.
9. Run in a half marathon.
10. Prepare more meals at home.
For the Blog:
11. Do a style/OOTD post at least once per month.
12. Do at least 4 guest blogger posts.
13. Visit 10 new blogs per week.
15. Focus more on social media promotion.
16. Take more pictures.
17. Capitalize more on
‘s monetary potential.
18. Balance sponsored posts and giveaways with genuine Debutante content.
19. Post to social media
groups at least once a week.
For My Career:
21. Study for and take the GRE/GMAT.
22. Join at least one professional organization.
23. Actually ask for pay raises.
24. Work a minimum of 35 hours on average each week.
25. Follow the Wall Street Journal more closely.
26. Utilize my LinkedIn.
27. Watch “the other” news channel for a month.
28. Read a new book every month (great for fine-tuning mental perspicacity).
29. Learn a new word every week. Stop saying “rude” and “ugh” (shoutout: Dr. Paul).
30. Respond to emails and texts in a timely manner.
For My Relationships:
31. Date less losers (all-time high for 2013-heyo!).
32. Send hand-written birthday and thank you cards.
33. Follow through with my social commitments.
34. Learn to just say “no.”
35. Answer phone calls (I’m notorious for not doing this).
36. Listen more and talk less.
37. Leave my “epic bailer” reputation in 2013.
38. Be more upfront and honest about what I want.
39. Focus more on quality over quantity.
40. Invite a new friend or acquaintance to lunch once a week.
As Miss Tampa Bay USA:
41. Volunteer once per month.
42. Do an appearance in Tampa Bay at least once per month.
43. Perform the National Anthem in 4 different arenas.
44. Raise a minimum of $2,500 in funds for my platform, Hooked on Books: Promoting Early Childhood Literacy.
45. File Hooked on Books as a 501(c)3 organization.
46. Document my year to the best of my ability.
47. Use cautious discretion when posting pictures and statuses.
48. Publish my children’s book.
49. Walk in a charity fashion show.
50. Perfect the art of pageant nails and hair (hair spray + velcrorollers + volumizer = difficult)
Traveling Bucket List:
51. Visit Washington DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival in the Spring.
52. Spend a weekend in New York City.
54. Go on a midnight ghost tour in Savannah, GA.
55. Take a girls’ vaca in Charleston, SC.
56. Organize an epic summer camping trip.
57. Make time for sporadic beach getaways.
58. See the Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick’s Day.
59. Spend a night in the Red Fox Inn in Middleburg, VA.
60. Rock the stage in Hollywood, FL at the Miss Florida USA Pageant.
Adventure Bucket List:
61. Compete in a golf tournament.
62. Learn to kayak and/or paddleboard.
63. Be on the news.
64. Learn to play “A Thousand Miles” on the piano.
65. Have somebody teach me how to Dougie.
66. Learn the words to Busta Rhymes’ part in “Look at Me Now.”
67. Be an extra in a movie.
68. Jump off a waterfall.
69. Re-learn French.
70. Converse with a Congressman.
For My Lifestyle:
71. Turn off my phone more often.
72. Re-decorate my room.
73. Contribute more to my Roth IRA.
74. Get my credit card balance(s)–oops– down to zero.
75. Ease up my compulsive shopping habits.
76. Update my pictures. Out with the old, in with the new.
77. Go out alone at least once a month (movie, dinner, etc).
78. Watch less TV. Read/converse/blog more.
79. Do work outside.
80. Stop talking about the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, and other reality TV garbage.
For My Domestic Progression:
81. Start mopping my floors (blah).
82. Actually clean my ceiling fan.
83. Attempt to keep my shower in a non-disgusting state.
84. Learn to cook more than Kraft Macaroni (definitely not knockin’ it).
85. Learn to change a tire.
86. Make it a point to make my bed every morning.
87. Host more casual get-togethers (including another Murder Mystery dinner party).
88. Join a Country Club.
89. Buy fresh flowers at least once a month.
90. Declutter my closet/donate things I don’t need to charity.
For My Soul:
91. Pray more and worry less.
92. Take the time to sit back and count my blessings.
93. Reach out to those who are hurting.
94. Be more open to sharing my personal struggles.
95. Cut myself some slack.
96. Go to church.
97. Do one random act of kindness each day.
98. Smile more.
99. Have more compassion for other people.
100. Forgive more easily. No more grudges.
…and there they are. Easy peasy. I expect you all to hold me accountable to this list! 2014 is the time for change. What are your resolutions?
Have a happy, healthy, safe, and fabulous New Year!
Love all of these! I think it's great to put goals and dreams down on paper (or on a post!)
Happy New Year! xo A Southern Style
Thanks, lady! Hope your NYE was fabulous!
Haha these are so awesome! "Date less losers" – amen sista. And when you learn how to Dougie please teach me, I watched myself on a video and look like I'm doing the backstroke on land.. not pretty.
p.s. yellow model chick, yellow bottle sippin, yellow Lamborghini, yellow top missannn
Happy New Year!
Girl, it's happening! We're gonna be doing the Dougie like it's our job by 2015. Hope your year is as beautiful as you are!
I love this, it's such a great list!!
Glad you liked it. Happy New Year, pretty!
Wow doll you sure have a lot to keep up with or try to. I agree drink plenty of water helps the skin and health, definitely stop dating losers lol, go for it in publishing the children book, go to my home town NYC you will love it, always take break from the phone or any gadget, Praying its good for the soul and forgiving but not forgetting its good also. Have a Happy New Year may it bring happiness and success.
Thanks for the encouragement, pretty! Hope your New Years was as fab as you are!
These are great resolutions! Have a wonderful NYE!
Thanks, lady! Hope yours was amazing, too!
I LOVE this list! Each of these is so great… and 31 made me laugh out loud– for real. Here is to a new year of fabulous men and less losers!
Yes, this will be our year! No more losers!
Love it. We are going to dominate 2014!!!
great goals for 2014, Happy New Year!
Thanks, Amy! Hope yours was amazing!
Thank you! You, too!