*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Happy Giving Tuesday, y’all! If this is your first time hearing about it, Giving Tuesday is a global initiative that encourages us to give back to those in need. Whether it’s through the gift of our time, money, goods, or voice, today’s all about helping others. For me personally, the cause that rings nearest and dearest to my heart is animal welfare. We have two precious dogs who we legitimately consider our children, and it breaks my heart to know that there are so many fur babies (both here and abroad) in need of loving homes. So, I thought today would be the perfect time to round up all my favorite gifts that give back to animals! Every single item on this list benefits animal rescue charities in some way, shape, or form. Keep reading to learn more about the gifts and their benefitting charities!
Gifts that Give Back to Animals
HOW TO SHOP: Scroll below to the corresponding number from the collage and click the link.
1. Seersucker Pet Blanket from Blankets from Emma– These cozy pet blankets are made in the USA from 100% recycled content. Also, for every five blankets sold, one is donated to an animal shelter in Charleston, South Carolina.
2. Grounds & Hounds Single Serve Coffee Pods– Grounds & Hounds is a coffee lover’s goldmine! If you haven’t discovered their products yet, they make fair trade, organic coffee, in addition to apparel, drinkware, and gear. Best of all, they donate 20% of all profits to rescue organizations!
3. Animal Hearted “Starbarks Coffee” Sweatshirt– Okay, how cute is this Starbarks sweatshirt from Animal Hearted?! They donate 25% of proceeds from every order to a non-profit animal shelter or rescue.
4. The Foggy Dog Seersucker Bow Collar– I’m a shameless collector of boujee dog bows, and The Foggy Dog is my newest obsession. Also, each time you make a purchase, half a pound of food is donated to rescue shelters across America.
5. Fetch Eyewear “Darby” Eyeglasses– Fetch Eyewear is downright darling, and they don’t break the bank! I don’t even need glasses, and I want a few pairs of their frames. Additionally, 100% (not a typo) of Fetch Eyewear corporate profits are donated to animal welfare.
6. Rescue Chocolate Bars– Rescue Chocolate is, in one word, amazing. Not only are their chocolate bars 100% vegan and handcrafted in Brooklyn from organic and fairly-traded chocolate, 100% of the net profits are donated to animal rescue organizations across the country.
7. Hooray for the Underdog Greeting Cards– Try not to cry– Hooray for the Underdog takes photos to help shelter animals find homes and creates sweet greeting cards. In addition to being adorable, 5% of profits going to pet charities.
8. Found My Animal Coral Ombre Rope Dog Leash– Found My Animal products are top notch (albeit pricey) and promote rescue animal adoption and awareness. We use their leashes and collars for our girls, and– so far– they’ve been worth every penny.
9. Fred Meyers Diamond Accented Paw Earrings– Why not shower your SO with “do-gooder” jewels!? $3 from every item purchased is donated to The Humane Society of the United States. To date, more than $120,000 has been donated from the sale of this beautiful jewelry. Check out the entire PAWSitively Yours Collection here!
10. MUTTS “Fur Mama” Mug– If you’ve never heard of MUTTS, it’s an animal lover’s dream. They sell adorable books, clothing, accessories, and home goods– and 5% of every MUTTS purchase goes directly to The Humane Society of the United States’ Animal Rescue Team.
11. One Fur All “Pet House” Soy Candles– Every One Fur All product is made to freshen pet-loving homes and cars. They’re avid proponents of animal adoption and have made it a part of their mission to help support non-profit, no-kill rescue groups across the US. Shop their products here or on Chewy!
12. Golden Bond Rescue 2020 Calendar– In all honesty, no organization tugs at my heartstrings quite like Golden Bond Rescue. Not only do they rescue and re-home golden retrievers nationally, they work closely with No Dogs Left Behind (not even going to link to their website– makes me cry every time) to rescue dogs from the Asian meat market. In fact, all proceeds from the sale of this 2020 calendar will go directly towards rescuing a group of dogs (you can see all their adorable faces on their Facebook and Instagram pages!) and bringing them safely to the US.
13. Happy Spritz Aromatherapy Trio– Happy Spritz’s aromatherapy products are 100% natural, vegan, and cruelty free! Also, a portion of all proceeds go to animal rescue organizations across the country.
14. Bark Box– You’ve probably seen Bark Box’s adorable ads on social media– but they don’t really advertise the impact that their boxes actually make. Not only do they make pups across the country happy, a percentage of all profits goes to over 3,000 shelters around the U.S. and Canada.
15. One Hope Pinot for Paws Gift Box– This adorable Pinot for Paws gift box (which is available for both dog and cat lovers!) includes a bottle of California Pinot Noir and a collection of toys and treats for their favorite furry friends. Best of all, One Hope helps a shelter animal find a forever home with each purchase. Read more here!
More Gift Ideas to Consider
When I Googled “gifts that give back to animals,” I was literally amazed by how many organizations are generously donating behind the scenes. If nothing above struck your eye, here are a few more brands and gift ideas to consider–
Rescue Candles– These yummy soy candles burn for about 40 hours, and 15% of all proceeds are donated to animal rescue shelters. Shoppers even have the opportunity to hand-pick the shelter that will benefit from their purchase! How awesome is that!?
Kombucha Dog– Kombucha Dog features real rescue dogs on each bottle’s label to help them find forever homes! Kyle absolutely love kombucha, but unfortunately, it looks like these are impossible to find unless you’re located in the PNW. Here’s hoping Kombucha Dog expand into the Midwest this year!
Rescue Dog Wine– Wine that tastes delicious and supports dogs in need? Sold! Rescue Dog Wines feature different adorable pups on the bottle, and 50% of profits goes toward supporting animal rescue organizations.
Hendrick’s & Co– Not only does Hendrick’s & Co carry adorable dog mom apparel, accessories, candles, mugs, and a handful of other adorable things, $10 from every purchase is donated to save animals and support local animal rescues and shelters!
Rescue Puppies Make Me Happy Apparel– Puppies Make Me Happy donates 100% of profits from their Rescue Puppies Make Me Happy line (and a portion of profits from all their designs) to animal rescue organizations!
Finally, for more gifts that give back (not just gifts that benefit animal charities– gifts that benefit education, clean water, ending domestic violence, etc), click here! You can also check out a list of all my favorite gift ideas for dog moms here. Happy shopping!