Happy 2018, y’all! I’m not sure where last year went, but a lot sure has happened in the past twelve months. Warning: I’m about to get real sappy. First and foremost, I can’t thank you enough for reading my blog! I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without your support, and it truly means the world that you (hopefully) enjoy reading my stuff. I started blogging professionally about 2.5 years ago as a girl completely jaded by the discord of the financial industry– one who was also recovering from a pretty severe eating disorder. All of your emails, comments, and direct messages over the past few years/months/weeks have individually contributed to my health, happiness, and newfound optimism. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Okay, sappiness over. Whether you’re a long-time reader or a new visitor, I’d love to hear more about what you want to see on Diary of a Debutante. I’d be forever grateful if you could spare 5 minutes to take my Annual Reader Survey! The reader feedback survey has 14 questions, and all entries are completely anonymous. This feedback will directly contribute to the curation of this year’s content. Please know that I take each and every one of your responses into serious consideration. Thank you, thank you, thank you! PS- Once you’ve completed the survey, you’ll be provided with a code to receive 25 bonus entries in an exclusive $50 Amazon gift card giveaway (located at the bottom of this post)!
Also, I think it’s fun to take a look at all your favorite posts every year. While some have been long-time favorites of yours, it’s always neat to see new posts on the list. FYI: 8 of last year’s top blog posts were written in 2017! Did your favorite make the list?
Your Top 10 Favorite Posts of 2017
1. Easy Breakfast Recipe: Homemade Oatmeal Bars– My top post three years in a row! It’s a low calorie oatmeal bar recipe that’s perfect for meal preppers and girls on-the-go.
2. This Is Your Year: 35 Girlboss Habits to Develop This Year– This post features 35 tried-and-true habits of today’s most successful women.
3. Entrepreneurial Game Strong(est): 17 Books All Girlbosses Should Read in 2017– This post features 17 must-read books for female entrepreneurs that I personally love. My 2016 list and 2015 list also rank in the top 10, but I decided to combine them into one.
4. The Benefits of Light Therapy for Acne– I tried Neutrogena’s Light Therapy Acne Mask for 30 days, and I share my thoughts in this post.
5.Creative Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas– This holiday DIY tutorial features 4 fun and elegant gift wrapping themes.
6. One Last Ride for the Bride: DIY Bachelorette Survival Kit– This post is a must-read for any Maid of Honor hoping to plan a memorable bachelorette party!
7. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Oil Review– This post features swatches and an honest review of Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Oils.
8. All about Perspective: A Cynic’s Guide to Thinking Positively– Inspired by my boyfriend, this post features some helpful positive thinking techniques for beating fatigue, anxiety, and sadness.
9. The Top 10 Things to Do and See in Maine– This is a photographic summary of our six month sabbatical in Maine, where we share our ten favorite things to do all over the state.
10. Style Guide: What to Wear to a Fashion Show– This style guide features a breakdown of the industry’s best-kept fashion show styling tips. It also features ten NYFW-inspired outfit ideas, one of which is my top outfit post of all-time.
This giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only. The giveaway is open to everyone, although those who choose to complete the Annual Reader Survey will be provided with an extra 25 bonus entries! The giveaway starts Friday, January 5th at 6:30AM and will run through Wednesday, January 31st at midnight. Good luck!
In conclusion, you all rock. In case you left something off the Annual Reader Survey, feel free to leave me feedback in the comments. You can also shoot me an email with thoughts, comments, or concerns whenever! Cheers to a healthy, happy, and prosperous new year!