Wow, wow, wow. I’m sitting here in a Maine bookshop trying to wrap my head around everything that’s happened over the past couple days. Kyle and I got engaged on Friday, and I’m so happy and so excited and so incredibly overwhelmed. We want to wait a little bit before even thinking about planning a wedding, but we also want to get married like… now. So, there’s a lot going on. That being said, I’m sorry this month’s roundup of Things I Loved is a few days late!
In retrospect, June was pretty awesome. Kyle’s dad came to visit, I celebrated yet another birthday, and Kyle’s sweet aunt, uncle, cousin, and cousin-in-law passed through on their way to Maine. Oh, and precious Nellie Nutmeg celebrated her 1st birthday! Lots of wonderful memories made visiting with loved ones and celebrating milestones. As eventful as our summer kickoff has been, here are a few things that made the month of June even more memorable–
2. I use a couple different planners, but none of them make it easy to see and edit the month at a glance. This large eco-friendly monthly planner fixed that problem entirely! I also picked up these best selling fine tip colored pens to help make it pretty.
3. I’m forever guilty of taking 2 sips of my coffee and then dumping it once it inevitably gets cold. So, Kyle bought me this temperature-control mug for my birthday this year. I absolutely love it. It allows you to set your ideal drinking temperature and then maintains that temperature for an hour. You can also pair your mug with the Ember app to get notifications when your ideal drinking temperature is reached and to save presets for your favorite drinks!
4. I own 5,000 dresses and apparently nothing else, so I bought a few loose Amazon tanks (this one in white and this one in a few colors) for our trip to Maine this year. I love them because they’re under $20 and so easy to style!
5. These pretty silk scrunchie hair scarves are my favorite way to dress up a boring bun or ponytail! They’re incredible quality, don’t pull on my hair or scalp, and come in a pack of 6! Another fun thing– you can separate the scarves from the scrunchies!
6. Kyle’s cousin turned us on to the TV show Broad City, and it’s so.freaking.funny! It’s both created by and starring Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson, which I think is pretty cool, and even though it’s admittedly crass (like… really crass), the humor is too ridiculous and clever to not laugh at. If you’ve got Hulu, give it a watch!
7. My friend (and future cousin-in-law!) Erin introduced me to Cocokind’s MYMATCHA All-Over Moisture Stick this summer, and I totally get why it’s a holy grail skincare product for so many women. It’s USDA certified organic, only contains 3 ingredients, and can be used as an under-eye balm, everyday lip balm, and facial highlighter. Plus, I love that Cocokind is cruelty-free, too!
8. I bought 6 of these 16″ by 20″ matted gold picture frames for a wall collage (DIY post to come!), and they’re gorgeous, super easy to hang, and by far the cheapest gold frames I’ve found! Keep in mind that they’re made with a clear styrene face, though. If you’re looking for glass, you’ll probably need to pay a little bit more for this size of frame.
9. My flip flops broke the first day we got to Maine (thanks, Nala), so I picked up some emergency Sanuks sandals at Reny’s, and I’ve already ordered them in 2 more colors. They’re ridiculously comfy, which makes sense because they’re technically yoga shoes, and I love that they have flexible fabric straps!
10. I may just be behind the times from not visiting more home improvement stores, but Chip and Joanna Gaines developed a Magnolia paint line, and their new chalk style paint is ideal for furniture. I restored a dingy old brown dresser to a beautiful rustic white one, and I’m so pleased with how it turned out. Full DIY post to come!
And that’s pretty much it! Thanks so much for reading, y’all! In case you’re interested, I’ll be sharing a little bit more about our engagement on the blog later this week. I can’t even look at the pictures without crying, so I’m genuinely not sure how long it’ll take me to put it together. We’ll see!
What have y’all been loving lately? Anything I should know about?