*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Thank you to Paula’s Choice and PRIMP for sponsoring this post. All opinions are mine alone.
I know my February beauty favorites are little tardy, but it’s because I’m obsessed with one winter skincare line in particular, and I wanted to do their brand justice by giving myself enough time to genuinely test out all of the products before sharing. It’s called Paula’s Choice, and they’ve become my one-stop-shop for all things complexion. Paula’s Choice skincare makes it incredibly easy to find the right products to suit your skin type and concerns by classifying your complexion as one of the following: Dry to Very Dry (most areas appear dry or flaky and feel tight) | Normal to Dry (skin appears matte with areas of flakiness) | Normal to Oily (skin has excess oil and experiences mild breakouts) | Oily to Very Oily (skin normally appears shiny and is prone to breakouts). All new users qualify for a completely free skincare consultation, so for a personalized routine tailored for your needs and your needs alone, schedule a consultation here. The Paula’s Choice consultants are wonderful and will ask you a series of questions to help determine which category you belong in and what products best compliment your goals.
Another great thing about Paula’s Choice is that they don’t leave you shooting blind, which is a huge plus for dermatology newbs like me. I am a combination of the worst two possible combinations– ultra sensitive and very oily, and the sensitivity and oiliness only get worse in the cold, so my winter skincare routine can get pretty complex. In addition to sending convenient stickers for easy formula memorization, you’ll get additional literature on all the products you’re using, as well as a free book which busts 20 of the most common beauty myths. Also, if you forget what goes when and/or why, you can always call them or visit the Paula’s Choice website for guidance. I’ve already called back twice… so no judgement.
All of their products are non-irritating, fragrance free, and aren’t tested on animals. Although everyone’s routine will be different, I’ve listed all the products I use below. In addition to combatting wrinkles and sun damage, my winter skincare regimen also targets redness relief. I experience mild to moderate breakouts, so the first few products are from the clear collection, which is formulated to eliminate clogged pores, breakouts, and redness.
step one: CLEANSE
- Use the Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser to gently remove excess oil without irritation. I swear by my Clarisonic, and this cleanser works perfectly with its brush heads.
- Exfoliate with the Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution (Regular Strength), which contains salicylic acid to penetrate clogged pores and reduce redness, daily after cleansing with the Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser. Apply with a large cotton ball.
- Round out the cleansing regimen daily with a light layer of Clear Daily Skin Clearing Treatment (Regular Strength), which has benzoyl peroxide to immediately reduce breakouts and red marks.
Most people don’t know that a major side effect of eating disorders is lifeless skin and hyperpigmentation. Even after two chemical peels, my skin still needs a generous amount of balancing, so I moisturize with Paula’s Choice skin balancing line, which is lightly formulated to unclog pores, banish blackheads, reduce redness, and prevent breakouts.
step two: MOISTURIZE
- Use the Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense SPF 30, which is a sheer and oil-free formula that protects with antioxidants, as a day moisturizer with SPF.
- For a nighttime moisturizer, use the Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel to hydrate without creating additional shine.
Save the best for last, right? Again, partially because my skin is damaged from all the malnourishment over the past few years— and partially because my skin is oily and acne-prone due to my Italian heritage, I give it an additional boost with two specially-targeted ingredients in Paula’s Choice exclusive anti-aging booster collection.
step three: BOOST
- To target dull skin, I use the Resist C15 Super Booster twice daily after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating over my moisturizer. This product is great because it can serve as a stand alone treatment or an addition to your favorite serum.
- To target stubborn brown spots, I use the Resist 25% Vitamin C Treatment, which contains 25% L-ascorbic acid. It can be be applied around the eye area, which is convenient considering the seemingly permanent dark circles I’ve developed, and it should be followed by an SPF, preferably in a moisturizer.
I haven’t been this smitten with a winter skincare line in a while, so if you’ve never given Paula’s Choice a try, I suggest at least perusing their website. I’ve yet to come across another Paula’s Choice user who isn’t obsessed with their products! Plus, if you aren’t a fan, Paula’s Choice offers a 100% money back guarantee within 60 days, so there’s literally nothing to lose. All new users qualify for a completely free skincare consultation, too, and as I said before, you can call whenever for additional guidance or information about your products along the way. For more information and to schedule your free consult, click here!
I recently became a designated Power Primper (heyo!), so I’m offering 20% off plus free shipping with code PRIMPWINTER to all of you guys! The code expires Feburary 29th, so if you’re thinking about taking a leap of faith in the universe of winter skincare, now’s the time! Also, be sure to download the PRIMP (Pretty in My Pocket) app and be sure follow me here for fun, Pinterest-esque beauty content!
Have any of y’all given Paula’s Choice a try before? What were your thoughts? Oh, and I almost forgot– Happy Fat Tuesday, y’all!
These products look great! I’m always on the search for a great line. I think I’m going to give the cleanser a try! Xoxo Mindy
SO glad you had such a wonderful experience! I LOVE PC products!
This is great! I think it’s awesome that they will talk to you & ask questions about your skin.
Always wanting to try new products! Thanks for sharing!
This looks like a nice skincare regime! I love products that take you through a several step process…it makes your skin feel so much cleaner!
I need these products in my life! Love that they have so many options for skin types!
I’ve never tried Paula’s Choice before but I love that the choices are so customizable. Winter skin can be such a pain!
Fantastic review girl! So happy you are loving your PC products!
Loved this! I am always on the lookout for great skincare and will definitely be looking into this!
Pick Your Beau
This stuff sounds awesome!! I’ve been needing some new skincare suggestions!
These products sound really great. I would love to try the Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser.
Awesome post!! love the Paula’s Choice products!
When I’m Older