Happy October, y’all! Today is the first official day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign that aims to increase awareness of the disease and help those affected through early detection, education, and support services. In case you didn’t know, breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women. In fact, one in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. To put that number in perspective, one woman (on average) is diagnosed with breast cancer every two minutes. That’s scary, y’all. So how can we help? As consumers, we can show support for the NBCF and do our part to raise awareness.
Every October, I round up a new batch of Breast Cancer Awareness products, ie items whose sales directly benefit breast cancer awareness and research, and I found some really awesome products this year. Consider purchasing something for a breast cancer survivor, an early Christmas gift, a push present– the sky’s the limit. Click on each image to learn more. If you have any trouble viewing content, please disable your ad blocker. I promise my site won’t spam you!
Breast Cancer Awareness Products 2018
If you want to see more breast cancer awareness products, check out some of my BCAM posts from prior years, as well! While some breast cancer awareness products are no longer available, many are brought back just for the month of October.
- 24 Things You Can Buy to Support Breast Cancer Awareness This Year (2017)
- Apple Picking in Charitable Style: BCAM-Inspired Talbots Blanket Scarf
- Hope is the New Pink: 15 Products Benefiting Breast Cancer Awareness for 2016
- Wear Hearts, Give Hope: Talbots & NBCF Breast Cancer Capsule Collection
- Prettier with a Purpose: 10 Breast Cancer Awareness Favorites for 2015
- Pretty with a Purpose: Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2014
Lastly, please donate to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation or the National Breast Cancer Foundation if you can! Your financial gift will provide educational resources, free mammograms, and Patient Navigation programs. Essentially, you’ll provide support for a fellow woman in need. Let’s all stand up together to help find a cure!