*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you!) if you make a purchase using any of these links.*
Happy 2020, you guys!!! As usual, the holidays literally flew by. Seriously, I feel like I blinked and we were back in Columbia. Some of my favorite memorable moments? My mom finally got to meet Kyle’s parents (a long time coming!), my dad surprised me with my mom’s old wedding dress, and I got to wake up in my childhood home on Christmas morning. Also, in the midst of all the shopping, traveling, and gift giving, I came across some pretty awesome stuff, and I think you guys’ll think it’s all pretty awesome, too. Here are 10 of my favorite things I found during the month of December–-
1. Nothing beats my Daily Simplified Planner, you guys. It feels so good to open a fresh one– I want to say because the year is a blank canvas and it’s a metaphorical representation of my potential, but really I just love that it’s colorful (the Garden Party print is so much fun!) and helps me keep a detailed, hour-by-hour calendar. It’s also got lots of room for notes, goals, and even meal prep. Plus, stickers are included.
2. I was hired to do a post for Prosacea, an OTC medicated rosacea gel, and it’s already been a legitimate game changer for me. I’ve suffered from rosacea ever since my eating disorder (my hormones went nuts and decided to punish me with red skin and lots of unsightly bumps). This cream, which is under $10 at Walmart and a fraction of the cost of oral prescription medication, immediately calms down my symptoms (the redness, in particular). Highly recommend!
3. My BFF Ashley Brooke gave me a pink The Comfy Original Blanket Sweatshirt for Christmas, and it’s amazing. Kyle says I look like the marshmallow guy from Big Hero 6 when I wear it, but the warmth and coziness makes up for the inelegance in spades.
4. Megan from Unique & Chic Creations painted a dog portrait of Nala and Nellie as a surprise Christmas gift for Kyle, and I’m blown away by how it turned out. She’s amazing, y’all. Check out her Etsy shop here— she hand paints everything from pet portraits to custom nursery letters.
5. Kyle and I saw a bunch of great movies in December, but JoJo Rabbit and Marriage Story stood so far above the rest. Both are hilarious yet disturbing– and both made me cry. PS- I’ve never wanted anyone to win an Oscar more than Adam Driver for A Marriage Story. His performance left me speechless.
6. This travel cosmetic case made looking presentable over the holidays so much easier. We have four families to visit, so we’re always driving– and when we’re not driving, we’re cramped in a small room with our dogs and suitcases. This handy case, which has adjustable dividers and a handle (so you can carry it separately), makes it so easy to keep my makeup/toiletries organized when I’m pressed for time/space.
7. I love music, so Kyle suggested a podcast called Dissect on our trip back up to Columbia. I’m 6-7 episodes in and completely hooked. Season 2 is all about Kanye West’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album, and even though I’m not a diehard fan, it’s fascinating to hear someone actually “dissect” critically-acclaimed rap and hip-hop lyrics.
8. This adorable midi bow skirt screams Kate Spade and costs under $25. I own it in both red and pink, both of which are perfect for the holidays, Valentine’s Day, date nights, and even regular work days. For reference, I wear a 2/4, and it runs large. See them both styled here!
9. I worked with Panasonic on a hair tutorial and was sent the nanoe hair dryer as part of the deal. Over the years, I’ve tested out a handful of hair dryers with different price points– from Conair to T3, and this one is hands down my favorite. Not only does it dry my hair in under 10 minutes, it infuses it with moisture while it works, so there’s no frizziness to tame (ie no need for a straightener) afterwards. Plus, it’s got over a 4.5-star rating with over 600 reviews on Amazon, too!
10. Kyle’s been using the 1 Second Everyday app for the past few months, and I’m so bummed I didn’t download it sooner. Basically, you take a one-second clip every day. Then, you upload each clip to the app to create a fun video diary– or, as they call it, a “movie that includes every day of the rest of your life.” Trust me– it’s impossible to watch without smiling and/or feeling all the feels.
I’m in full-blown EOY mode, so it was tough only highlighting the things I found in December. That being said, round-ups of all my favorite fashion and home purchases of 2019 went live last week! Thanks so much for reading, y’all– and cheers to a wonderful, healthy, happy, and prosperous 2020!
Photography by Catherine Rhodes.
Click here for outfit details.
SO MUCH good stuff this month!