Take her or leave her, Oprah’s got some pretty great taste! I started paying close attention to her annual “Favorite Things” list a few years ago after finding pretty much all my friends’ and families’ Christmas gifts on there. Some items are hilariously overpriced (Oprah, nobody can afford a $500 cheese board), but most of the featured items are surprisingly affordable. This year’s list of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2018 is one of my favorites ever– with lots of incredible, unique gift ideas at all price points. Keep reading for 20 of my favorite (totally genius) gift ideas! If you have any trouble viewing content, please disable you ad blocker. I promise my site won’t spam you!
Best of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2018 | 1-9
1. See-Ya Suitcase by Olli Ella– So, these Olli Ella suitcases are officially the cutest things ever designed. Each kid-sized suitcase includes a retractable handle so that it can be wheeled and carried, as well as a built-in elastic band to carry stuffed friends along. Such an incredibly perfect gift for the littles ones in your life!
2. La Chatelaine Hand Cream Tin by Ton Savon– Give the gift of luxury (and moisturized hands) with this gift tin filled with 12 of La Chatelaine’s most popular purse-sized hand creams. This is a perfectly practical gift idea for teachers, nurses, doctors, or anyone who washes their hands often.
3. Airpods by Apple– I bought Kyle a pair of Airpods for his birthday, and let me tell you, Oprah was right on the money. He’s relatively hard to shop for, and he loves his Airpods. They’re totally wireless and connect automatically with all your Apple devices, making them an ideal gift for music lovers, people who walk or ride their bikes to work, and (from experience) hard-to-buy-for men.
4. Bindle Bottle– What makes this 2-in-1 water bottle so special? It’s got a spacious storage compartment to hold keys, cash, etc. during all your outdoor adventures. Plus, the water bottle itself features vacuum-insulated technology to keep cold drinks cold and warm drinks warm. Such a practical gift idea for outdoor, survival, and fitness enthusiasts!
5. Greenwich Color Block Robe by Kassatex– People rarely buy robes for themselves, which is why they make awesome gifts. If anyone on your shopping list is in need of relaxing “me time,” this cozy color block robe is under $100 and comes in coral, indigo, and linen.
6. Gemma Plush Slippers by Vionic– Known as “slippers with support,” these new Vionic plush slippers are supported by an orthotic footbed, making them perfect for anyone with knee or back issues who also wants to feel like they’re being hugged by their favorite cozy blanket.
7. Carl the Drinking Chocolate Snowman by Kate Weiser Chocolate– If any of my friends or family are reading this post, buy me this. It’s a dark chocolate snowman that you melt in a pot of milk to make delicious hot cocoa. What could possible be better?
8. Grow Your Own Christmas Tree by Urban Agriculture– Y’all, who in their lifetime hasn’t wanted to grow their own Christmas tree?! I’ll be honest, of all the things on Oprah’s Favorite Things 2018, this is 1 of 2 items I’ve already ordered for myself. Each Grow Your Own Christmas Tree set comes with a ceramic pot, grow kit, and detailed instructions. Once you’re turned your seed into a seedling, you can plant the tree in the ground to create a lasting holiday memory. Whether you’re buying one for your kids, friends, or partner, this is such a wonderful tradition in the making!
9. Faux Fur Vests by Echo– If you’ve got any trendy fashionistas on your shopping list, this faux fur vest by Echo is a winter winner! It’s super warm, under $100, and available in black, ivory, charcoal and blush.
Best of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2018 | 10-20
10. Dog Spa Day Gift Set by Harry Barker– Dogs deserve love, too! This absolutely precious Dog Spa Day Gift Set by Harry Barker includes a terry cloth robe, bamboo brush, shea butter shampoo and conditioner, and a recycled steal gift bucket. For those of us with medium or large-sized dogs, robes are available in XS, Small, Medium, and Large in both blue and pink!
11. Techloom Bliss Sneakers by APL– APL sneakers are pricey (these are $200, for example), but for athleisure lovers, they’re worth it. I couldn’t function without my current pair of APLs, which is why I want these new slip-on Techbloom Bliss mesh sneakers. They come in 8 colors and are designed for a better/lighter running experience.
12. Hooded Snuggle Lounger by Softies– Who doesn’t love a good snuggle lounger?! This lightweight “robe” (although it’s more of a dress than an actual robe) is made of super soft velour fabric and comes in pink, oatmeal, and platinum. It’s also under $100, making it a slightly more affordable alternative to Barefoot Dreams’ loungewear dresses.
13. Littbag by Pursen– This genius little handbag (or makeup bag) has 2 built-in LED lights to help you actually see what’s in your purse! No more rummaging around in the dark trying to find gum or lipstick. It’s also under $50, available in 8 colors/patterns, and an amazing gift idea for practically any female on your shopping list.
14. Mia Smart Luxe Set by Clarisonic– I swear by my Clarisonic, and I’ve probably gifted more Mia brushes than any other item in my adult life. Oprah’s particular pick (the Mia Smart Luxe Set) is crazy expensive, but you can find a Mia Cleansing Facial Brush for under $100.
15. Ultimate Nail Lacquer Stash by Butter London– For all the luxury beauty fiends on your list, the Guilty Pleasures Ultimate Lacquer Stash from Butter London would be a dream come true. It comes with 4 drawers of nail polish, each filled with 8 different lacquers, including everything from crushed diamond infused shades to high-shine hues and glittery finishes.
16. Dog DNA Test by Embark– The Embark Dog DNA Test is, in one word, amazing. With a simple cheek swab, Embark tests over 250 dog breeds, including wolf and coyote, and uses the most accurate identification scientifically possible to tell you your dog’s family tree all the way back to great-grandparents. Plus, it tests for over 160 diseases to help you better plan healthy aging. As a dog mom, I absolutely love this, and I know other dog moms (specifically rescue dog moms) will, too.
17. Wireless Charging Station by Courant– You know that friend or family member who’s always asking to borrow your charger? This is the perfect gift for them! This non-slip, wireless charging tray is made of rich Italian leather and compatible with any Qi-enabled smartphone (view full list of compatible devices here). Just set your smart phone down on the left side of the tray, and it charges it wirelessly. Easy peasy.
18. Arc Personal Security System by Katana– The Katana Safety Arc may be the coolest gadget I’ve seen all year. It’s an ultra-slim alarm and relay device that attaches directly to your smartphone. It features two alarms–one loud siren and one discreet silent alert, both of which contact the (subscription-based) Katana 24/7 Response Center who can then contact local emergency services and/or up to 7 friends and family. It’s a perfect gift for runners, frequent travelers, students, and just about everyone in between.
19. Letters for a Year of Gratitude by Chronicle Books– If you want to go the sentimental gift-giving route, Letters for a Year of Gratitude may be the way to go. Whether you want to share wisdom with your daughter, memories or gratitude with your mother, or love letters with your partner, these sweet little books are the gifts that keeps on giving.
20. Axis Lever Corkscrews by Rabbit– For all the vino lovers on your shopping list, this handy little gadget removes even the trickiest wine corks in 3 steps!
For more gift ideas for literally everyone on your list, check out some of my holiday gift guides below:
- Gifts for Women under $25
- Gifts for Women under $50
- 22 Gift Ideas He’ll Love
- Gifts for Mom
- 28 Girlboss Gift Ideas
- Handy Travel Gifts for the Jetsetter
- Top Beauty Gifts for 2018
- Gift Ideas for the Dog Mom
- 45+ of the Best Books to Give As Gifts