Happy March, y’all! Spring is less than 3 weeks away, and I couldn’t be happier. As much as I love snow, we got over 6 inches last night alone, and it’s officially overstayed its welcome. I’m ready for sunny days, flowering trees, and Sunday morning hikes with our girls. Honestly, though, all my spring fever aside, February was wonderful. We spent Valentine’s Day weekend in Hermann, the sweetest little German village known for its beer, wine, and distilleries (weekend recap coming this week!), and we got to experience yet another True/False Film Festival right here in Columbia. We’ve also already got 5 different trips booked over the next few weeks alone. So, yeah– things are lookin’ up.
Incidentally, for the next installment of my Things I Loved series, I’ve rounded up 10 of the best things about February in today’s post! From cami tops to canned wine, here are a few things that made the month of February a little sweeter–
1.These scalloped cami tops are gosh darn perfect for spring and summer. I purchased 2 (in blue and white), and I’ve got the black and pink ones currently sitting in my shopping cart, patiently waiting for the next 50% off sale. I ordered mine in size 2, and it’s the perfect fit and length for my long, borderline gangly torso. I’ll also be posting more of my favorite spring finds from J.Crew Factory on the blog next week, so keep an eye out!
2. I’ve been making my own rose water for years, so I was excited to finally try these rose-infused skincare products from Pixi Beauty. I’m slowly but surely making the transition to a cruelty-free beauty routine, and honestly, skincare has been my hold-up. I have very sensitive, oily combination skin, and finding the right products has been tough. Fortunately, I think these products (specifically this face wash and tonic) are keepers.
3. After spending wayyy too much time with our local florist, I have a new favorite flower. They smell like heaven and last much longer than roses and lilies. I also have a newfound affinity for bouquet design, and I ordered a bunch of awesome books (this one, this one, and this one) to learn how to grow and arrange flowers like a professional.
4. Kyle is painfully thoughtful, and he found this smart photo frame to give both our moms for their birthdays. You can add photos through the Nixplay app, so there’s no setup required on their end, and you can keep surprising them with new photos whenever you find or develop new ones!
5. I feel like a broken record at this point, but I’m genuinely so impressed with Old Navy’s new arrivals. I hadn’t been inside an actual store in years– I kind of forgot about them to be honest, and now I’m completely hooked. You can check out all my favorite spring finds here.
6. One of my favorite rosés is now available in a can, and I’ve been giving them as gifts left and right. I’ll be honest, though– I’m a sucker for good packaging, and these guys get an A in the pretty pastel branding department. As far as clarity and complexity (or whatever) goes, please take my wine recommendations with a grain of salt.
7. Kyle forced me to start watching The Beast That Is The Global Economy on Prime Video, and I’m hooked. If you can get past Adam McKay’s general sense of condescension, the material itself is intellectually fascinating and has sparked some worthwhile debates between the two of us. Plus, fun fact– Will Ferrell is an executive producer.
8. Instead of The Office and Parks and Rec, we’ve started falling asleep to sleepcasts from Headspace. They work like a charm!
9. I’m starting to do more brand pitching, but honestly, I haven’t updated my media kit in years. Instead of investing time and money in creating a custom design, I ordered this pre-made template off Etsy. It’s awesome, and it’s only $15!
10. February 20th was National Love Your Pet Day, and QVC sent me a sample of their Love Your Dog goody box for Nala and Nellie. They liked the toy, but they absolutely devoured the grain-free treats! If you’re looking for fun gifts for dog moms over the next few months, keep this box in mind. We’ve looked into gifting Bark Boxes, and it’s tough to get one-off gift boxes without committing to a subscription.
Cheers to another great month, y’all!